Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Products

Old 01-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Octane Products

Weird thing to say after pointing out what "I" shoot
Nah! the weird thing is that you got the word"shoot" out of uses.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)
Once you see an Octane quiver, you'll see there's absolutely no comparison to the Alpine.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)
Does it come in Tree Stand camo

On a serious note, where are these products made? I do not mind spending extra cash for products made here in USA
Old 01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as I know, the Octane stuff is made on the machining centers at BowTech. The accessories will be available in every camo offered by BowTech. As Treestand becomes available, so will the camo on the quivers and stabes.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody know where i could "buy" the stabilizer at? Website, store? Are they out yet?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Is there any adjustability length wise(up and down) with the 2 piece quiver? I always have and most likely always will be a shoot with quiver on kind of guy. The old 2 pc. quiver does not allow for this. I know that Fuse does make a 2 pc. quiver that will adjust lengthwise.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM

According to the rep I spoke with yesterday, we're supposed to be seeing the Octane accessories in Spokane within the next two weeks.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

For those of you complaining about the price of the quiver you need to realize the differencebetween "top of the line" and "get the job done". A long time ago I freaked when I found out how much my Mathews dealer wanted for a Mathews quiver. Well, after several frustrating hunts with plastic mounting brackets and plastic quiver bodies, Icoughed up the moneyand bought the Mathews quiver. Since then I have never looked back, until this season. The difference in machined aluminum and plastic is night and day. I too take my quiver off in the stand and you find out in a hurry that numerous on and offs in a wide temp. range tends to take it's toll on lesser materials. I bought one of the Bowtech plastic ones when I bought my Guardian with the hopes it would be better, let's just say I learned to live with it through this past season, which will be it's last.

I understand that money is tight as well as anyone. I own my own business, have a wife, and two kids. Be that as it may, it is worth the extra time to save/plan for the expense for me as opposed to cursing the "benefits" of saving some money. For those who can only get away and hunt the weekends, the plastic stuff may work. If you plan on spending the better part of both deer and turkey seasons in the woods with your bow, I feel that the extra cost of quality is worth the headaches itprevents while doing what we all love to do.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Is there any adjustability length wise(up and down) with the 2 piece quiver? I always have and most likely always will be a shoot with quiver on kind of guy. The old 2 pc. quiver does not allow for this. I know that Fuse does make a 2 pc. quiver that will adjust lengthwise.
Yes. The quiver will adjust for length. It'll also adjust forward and back, to better center the arrows within the bow. There are adaptors to fit them to other brand bows, too.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Dominant Buck

rdy...

You're likely right....and I'll likey end up with one. Just a tough pill to swallow. To be honest....I don't think my quiver came OFF my bow from day one of deer season to the end. I hunt with mine on.

New bow, though........might pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: Octane Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.