Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Products

Old 01-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Octane Products

$40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocki
I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00, unless it was a prong style. I think good drop away rests have been above the 80.00 mark for about 3 years atleast.

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)
I guess we all know what Atlas uses now.

Personnally I could care a less what the "other guy" uses. I want good functional accessories to go along with my 700.00 dollar bow. I don't want my bow outfitted with plastic sights and pvc quivers. I want what I think is top of the line equiptment and if it costs a few more dollars...so what, I'll work a little harder and a few hours more to get them. But that's just me
Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

For those that believe the cost of the Octane accessories is too much, thelower cost quivers that have been available for several years will still be available under the Diamond brand.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an Alpine Bearclaw and it is noisy because of vibration. I suspect all one piece quivers are going to vibrate to some degree.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am usually a $40 and under quiver guy. Last year because of a sight choice that made the use of most removable quivers difficult I picked up a Mathews Arrow Web quiver. I got a good deal on it because their new quivers had just come out and the guy I bought it from had to have the new one. This was my first very expensive quiver.

The point is, the options and craftsmanship on the expensive quiver were much nicer than the cheaper quivers, but they both do essentially the same thing. From what Greg is saying it really sounds like these new Bowtech quivers offer some NEW options and do some things that lesser quivers just can't do. It also sounds like some of the new options are either better than those offered on other high-end quivers or something the others don't offer.

So, while $100+ for a quiver is a lot, this sounds like it may be the only one that offers something more than a name and some better components for the money.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:00 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Bohning makes quality quiversas wellin the same range.
So does BowTech and Diamond. Now they are offeringtwo "high end" quivers as well.

Tell me how is this a bad thing.....? Ireally amlost on this one......

Never said it was bad.........just don't see a need for them for me. I have no problem paying money for something if I think I am getting something back for it.

UnderArmour is a perfect example...........$70 for a shirt that isn't gonna do anything more for me then a $20 shirt without the UA label on it.

I'm sure the new quivers are nice.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00
Standard WB is $40 (basic model)

I guess we all know what Atlas uses now.
Bohning actually........had for 4 years now with zero problems. I don't shoot with a quiver on so it is nothing more then a carrying case to me.

Personnally I could care a less what the "other guy" uses.
Weird thing to say after pointing out what "I" shoot
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Geronimo

I have an Alpine Bearclaw and it is noisy because of vibration. I suspect all one piece quivers are going to vibrate to some degree.

When I said silent I was referring to taking on and off the bow. I have never shot with quiver on.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:51 PM

[blockquote]quote:

I can't think of a rest that costs 40.00[/blockquote]

Standard WB is $40 (basic model)
As is the original Hostage, which is the rest I was talking about in my post.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Host of Hosts

Wow everyone one is so touchy today.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow everyone one is so touchy today.
That time of the month

Quick Reply: Octane Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.