Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Products

Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Octane Products

bruce, that's a good point... and you're absolutely correct. I think we hung signs somewhere around our booth as well warning those who might be wearing pacemakers; they're that strong.

When the guys on the design team were first looking into the concept of usingthe magnets, severalcame away with blood blisters on their hands when trying to separate a couple of magnets as they jumped back together and caught skin in between them.

One ofthe things we were telling people when showing them was that someone could screw in atreestep above their head and simply "stick" it to the underneath side of the step as a holder. Then, they could remove the remaining arrows from the bottom gripper and have them simply hanging there at the ready for follow-up shots.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

As an Archery dealer for several years I know there are some guys that want the best and money is no object. There are also guys that appreciate top notch equipment and while $$ may be tight they will save and buy them when they can because they know it is worth the extra $. There are also guys that had rather get by and won't spend an extra buck they don't have to. This goes with all Hunting equipment and accessories.

I had a fellow come into the shop one day and he was looking for a quiver. I think I showed him an Alpine Soft Loc which has always been a solid choice in a Quiver. He was shocked at the price and at the time I think it was thirty something dollars. He sat there and kept looking at it and finally said: I don't think I'll get it. I only have 2 arrows so I can just carry them in. I was thinking as he walked out the door, well that figures

I for one have always wanted Bowtech to come out with a top notch quiver. Options!! That's what it is all about and there are very few Bow companies that give you as many as Bowtech.

Dan
Old 01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are we talking weight wise on both the quiver and the 7" stabalizer?
I don't have any specs on their weight, but I can tell youwith as much professionalism as I can that they're"light." Very light. Remember, it's 98% machined aluminum with a ton of cutouts. The 7" stab felt much lighter than the 6" Stealths I've got on four of my bows... I think most of its heft was concentrated out at the end in the active plunger.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the stabilizer, so if the 7" is gonna run about $60 i would ay the 11.5 would run around $80??
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

, what the hell does a $130.00 quiver do?????

Duh, hold your arrows
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good one there Tee Jay, ya got me! [8D] Doah......
Old 01-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's called being "Good" to yourself when you buy something that's just a little extraordinary...like a $130 quiver! I say go for the Gusto and maximze your passions. If good is good then better is better and we deserve it....
Old 01-27-2008, 01:20 AM

The Alpine Bearclaw is silent, fully adjustable, and holds an arrow as securely as you will ever need......available in 6 camo options all for under $25 (3 arrow model)

Bohning makes quality quiversas wellin the same range.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree, I don't see me paying much over $25-30 for a quiver, because I get what fits my needs for that price range. I like a detachable quiver that I can hang on my tree, or slide in a little brush to hide my fletches when getting in close to my quarry. BUDGET, I'm all about getting the most out of my dollar, and raising a couple of kids, paying a house payment, etc, means I need to stretch my dollar for what I can get best out of it. While these products look to be pretty nice, I agree that they may need to have a little lower MSRP to be competitive.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bohning makes quality quiversas wellin the same range.
So does BowTech and Diamond. Now they are offeringtwo "high end" quivers as well.

Tell me how is this a bad thing.....? Ireally amlost on this one......

Quick Reply: Octane Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.