Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Products

Old 01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Octane Products

Guys, remember... that's MSRP ... most of you realize that dealers rarely sell products for that. I expect it to come in right in line with Hoyt's "Fuse" line and Mathews' quivers.

The number we wrote orders for the first day blew away expectations that were set for a much longer time frame... , and that wouldn't have happened if dealers weren't confident that they could sell it competitively with other high-end offerings currently out there. That said, that phrase is appropriate: it is a high-end offering. It won't be for everyone, and no one at Bowtech is pretending it is.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder how long before something similar comes out for much cheaper. Sounds like a great thing for one of the big names to get ahold of.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

what are we looking at for the stabalizer? $100?
Dan -- again, going solely from memory after a few weeks -- I think the 7" bowhunter models come in around $60 or so.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:35 PM

Thats something I've always appreciated about Bowtech though, Greg. While they may make high qualityproducts they do their best to keep the prices reasonable enough that Joe Blow can afford them. Regardless of whether MSRP and actual price may vary, it just sort of shocks me. We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocking...
Old 01-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't understand what is so good about it that makes it so expensive??????
Old 01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Thats something I've always appreciated about Bowtech though, Greg. While they may make high quality products they do their best to keep the prices reasonable enough that Joe Blow can afford them. Regardless of whether MSRP and actual price may vary, it just sort of shocks me. We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year. Just kind of shocking...
Good point Dan, I am VERY happy with my $40 Bowtech quiver from last year!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Well....the Bohning actually keeps the Rage heads "suspended" and not in contact with foam/rubber.

Hard to beat for the money.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

the one with the rubber lining hiding the rare-earth magnets.
I am guessing you don't want that one too close to your compass when you are shooting an azimuth .
Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year.
Dan, there's simply no way you can compare the products at those two price points you mentioned; they're not even in the same ballpark when talking quality. All of the Octane line is CNC-machined out of 6061 aluminum. The one-piece quiver, for example, offers over six inches of vertical and horizontal adjustability for personal preference and to prevent arrow extension beyond the bow to prevent dirt-packed nocks. It also allows 30 degrees of angular adjustment to fit a wider range of bow and arrow combinations.

The proprietary gripper design provides stiffer arrow retention to prevent arrow loss in the field, yet "opens" with the press of a finger. The quiver can be attached and detached by hand ina single motion, and Teflon connectors ensure it will be absolutely silent in the field. Ever stuck your broadheads into your quiver and not inserted them perfectly straight, resulting in having to pull them back out and re-insert them to prohibit the blades from touching one another? I have. And I've cringed every time I slide them in and out of the foam and think about what it's doing to my razor-sharp blades. It also "wallows" out a hole in my foam insert, lessening the quiver's ability to securely hold the arrow. Even sticking broadheads into rubber-type tops concerns me when inserting cut-on-contact style blades.

With the Octane's magnetic inserts, their powerful magnetic force centers the broadheads automatically -- I actually tried sticking them in on the sides and watched them "jump" to the middle -- and protects the arrow tips and blades. NOTHING makes contact with the rubber lining inside the hood except the VERY tip of the point. This feature offers exact parallel mounting of your arrows, and also keeps your vanes from touching -- a common source of vibration and sound if you happen to shoot with your quiver on.

Again -- these high-end accessories won't be for everyone. But they will be right in line with the Fuse and Mathews offerings and I believe they blow those away in form and functionality.

edit - the site is now live for the Octane line: www.fuelthehunt.com
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

We're jumping from the $40 quivers of last year to $130 quivers today. $40 rest last year to $80 rest this year.
Dan, there's simply no way you can compare the products at those two price points you mentioned; they're not even in the same ballpark when talking quality. All of the Octane line is CNC-machined out of 6061 aluminum. The one-piece quiver, for example, offers over six inches of vertical and horizontal adjustability for personal preference and to prevent arrow extension beyond the bow to prevent dirt-packed nocks. It also allows 30 degrees of angular adjustment to fit a wider range of bow and arrow combinations.

The proprietary gripper design provides stiffer arrow retention to prevent arrow loss in the field, yet "opens" with the press of a finger. The quiver can be attached and detached by hand ina single motion, and Delron connectors ensure it will be absolutely silent in the field. Every stuck your broadheads into your quiver and not inserted them perfectly straight, resulting in having to pull them back out and re-insert them to prohibit the blades from touching one another? I have. And I've cringed every time I slide them in and out of the foam and think about what it's doing to my razor-sharp blades. It also "wallows" out a hole in my foam insert, lessening the quiver's ability to securely hold the arrow. Even sticking broadheads into rubber-type tops concerns me when inserting cut-on-contact style blades.

With the Octane's magnetic inserts, their powerful magnetic force centers the broadheads automatically -- I actually tried sticking them in on the sides and watched them "jump" to the middle -- and protects the arrow tips and blades. NOTHING makes contact with the rubber lining inside the hood except the VERY tip of the point. This feature offers exact parallel mounting of your arrows, and also keeps your vanes from touching -- a common source of vibration and sound if you happen to shoot with your quiver on.

Again -- these high-end accessories won't be for everyone. But they will be right in line with the Fuse and Mathews offerings and I believe they blow those away in form and functionality.

Lord, I hope not. I went through three of those dang quivers last summer before I finally said screw it and went ahead and used a broken one. That whole "locks in place" thing never really... locked in place.

I'm sure its a killer quiver, Greg, and I'll likely buy one along with the Hostage Pro and a stabalizer.

I've actually had the foam in the quiver I used last year dull the blades on my broadheads and I also rolled the blades on two of them because they slid over one another.

I'm just voicing a concern through the consumer's eyes. When you're used to low prices it throws you into sticker shock when you see those numbers, you know?

Now, as a potential buyer... What are we talking weight wise on both the quiver and the 7" stabalizer?

Quick Reply: Octane Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.