Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shameless tool David Morris >

Shameless tool David Morris

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shameless tool David Morris

Old 01-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Understood. But, to be clear, "the guy in question here" at least says that his ranch is not high fenced. So, I'm not sure why they have been brought up so regularly by so many in this thread. Supposedly these are free range deer,with no imported genetics, and he is simply providing food plots for nutrition, and age management.

Stapher... South Texas was producing trophy class whitetails long before anyone ever considered food plots or high fences. The benefit to the food plots is that it now produces even more trophy class deer.

It is not unusual around these parts. Heck, If my land would support a food plot, id plant one. We are just too dry in west texas for anything more than wheat.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
It is not unusual around these parts. Heck, If my land would support a food plot, id plant one. We are just too dry in west texas for anything more than wheat.
Yeah, I hunt about 30 minutes northwest of Fredericksburg. They had good rain at the beginning of the year, but from August until now, they've had no rainfall to speak of. And, even if they did, I think that maybe, if you scraped together all of the topsoil from the entire 2600 acres, you might have enough good dirt to plant a two acre food plot... I'm not sure how that land supports so many deer. It's all cactus and mesquite and cedar, with a few patches of oaks and persimmons, and a LOT of dust...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Simp
On high fence hunts: I'd bet that those bucks in anarea as big as the Tecomate Ranch is are just as wild and just as hard to kill as the bucks that are outside the fence.
Thats not the issue.

How many of those "wild" bucks are on that ranch? LOADS of them.

They can't ever get away.

It's the idea of how many B&C bucks are in his enclosure compared to a free ranging piece of ground of the same size in the Midwest.

It's nothing for him to walk down one of his roads and see 150's and 160's standing around every time.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by gutshotem
David Morris is a clas A toolbag.
I watched his show once and he was bashing a PA hunter who wrote in and said that his deer heard wasn't natural.

The only video I'd like to see him on is one of those "when animals attack" shows.
Can you imagine one of his 190' deer pumped up on deer growth hormone (DGH) dragging his dumb arse around in a deer pen. I'd buy that DVD.
This is friggen hilarious!!! Maybe it's just me, but the deer on his property don't seem to spook very easily. Often, even after one has been shot the other deer just stand there.

Last edited by early in; 01-07-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Spike

Default fenced in hunting

screw those guys! the just have more money than they know what to do w so they put it all in buying bait, fences, and heated shooting houses!!! thats not "hunting"!!! ....thats just "getting"!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Once again... He says regularly on the show that El Cazador is not high fenced. And, I've never seen a "heated shooting house" on the show. When they're hunting from a stand, it's usually a tripod. And, I've seen deer stand around after a shot on several occasions on unfenced properties. They look around as though confused by the noise...
Old 01-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

wah wah wah wah wah wah....i like his show
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Spike

im going to agree that show is a joke. the only reason he does what he does is because of MONEY
Old 01-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Spike

Default Hey Mike

I think we as a hunting group need to come together. Have any of you ever hunted his ranch? Have you been on it and know for a fact that is high fenced or are you just assuming? I'm with a lot of you and have to hunt public ground and if I see a 130" deer where I'm from it's a giant but when you see what's on his ranch a 130 is a yearling. Like it or not! ...Deleted by CalHunter... Good luck hunting and be safe!

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-01-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Dredging up 10 YO topic to argue in first post--2 weeks time off.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wyohunt
I think we as a hunting group need to come together. Have any of you ever hunted his ranch? Have you been on it and know for a fact that is high fenced or are you just assuming? I'm with a lot of you and have to hunt public ground and if I see a 130" deer where I'm from it's a giant but when you see what's on his ranch a 130 is a yearling. Like it or not! ...Deleted by CalHunter... Good luck hunting and be safe!
This thread is 9 years old. Most of the Members in this thread are no longer on the site.