Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shameless tool David Morris >

Shameless tool David Morris

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shameless tool David Morris

Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shameless tool David Morris

Wow, this was fun. In my opinion the vast majority of hunting shows are nothing but commercials and the hosts are shameless tools.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 AM

ORIGINAL: wingchaser_labs

Its not genetic mutation, its "genetic selection" and when he has clients that come and hunt and can manage his herd by killing as many deer as he wants on the farm, he is practicing "genetic selection" by killing as many of those 8 pt or other kull bucks leaving the big 10s and 12s to do most of the breeding. While free range sportsman manage deer herds by practicing quality deer manangment on their land they are killing mature bucks but not selecting genetics because its simply impossible because you have to abide by state regs on harvest numbers with tags so killing bad genetic bucks and keeping more big genetic bucks breeding your local herd is simply out of the question. I think this is the unethical
If the only thing stopping those outide of doing the same is the state regs as you say then unethical may not be the right choice of words...........sounds like you are saying the outsiders wish they could do what he is but the state regs make it impossible.

Anotherthing about people saying it doesnt matter its fenced because its so big, doesnt mean anythign eitherbecausewhen you take into consideration food plots and feeders keeping those deer in a relative area and being easier to hunt on baited senderos or foodplots isnt fair chase.... How many of those deer on the entire perimeter of his land would get killed by neighbors if that fence wasnt their and his genetic selection program would get less and concentrated more towards the center of his land. The fact is deer travel alot and if his fence was down his program would be compramised alot and not nearly as large scale as it is. WCL
Just a thought...........if the food plots and feeders keep the deer in such a small area and make them easy to hunt then the fence becomes a mute point. If the deer never venture far away from the feeders or plots then how are they different from deer that are kept close by the same means with no fence?? What I mean is you are giving the credit for keeping the bucks around to the feeders and plots and not the fence.........this would only support the opinion that they are no different then those elsewhere.

Here is an interesting question............if a deer grows up in a 20,000 acre fenced in area and never even sees the fence in his whole life is he any different then a deer who lived outside the fence??
Old 01-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Here is an interesting question............if a deer grows up in a 20,000 acre fenced in area and never even sees the fence in his whole life is he any different then a deer who lived outside the fence??
Thats taking it for granted that the deer stays near the center of the property its whole life. Thats highly improbable but slightly possible.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

The shows are boring and predictable! You want real hunting morris try what the avg. joe has to deal with on Public Land, yah we will see how good you really are as a hunter!I stopped watching his boring crap this season.

You want real hunting watch Huntley Ritter on The Huntley Way. or tred barta. It doesn't get much more real than with huntley. Huntley is like the average guy out there trying to get an animal. I would hunt with huntley if i were ever given a chance, heck i would pay. I wouldn't hunt with David Morris in his Michael Jackson Zoo, I mean Ranch, Fenced in Prison Yard.

Jeff Foxworthy your better than that.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM

Put it this way, ask yourself, is Foxworthy one the best hunters in the world? He has killed monsters. Could he do this without an outfitter on his own property? Without Tecomonte? Without Realtree? My guess is no. Who do I think is worthy of this title or is right up there with the best? Many of you on this site is the answer. I said it before, give some of the guys on this site the time to hunt even their own property and you will see who the best is. I know they could do it on ranches and outfitter land, but give them where I hunt, and i will bet that they close the deal on a big buck if given the time in the stand.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:51 AM

It's just my opinion but I would feel cheated if I hunted in a fenced in area no matter what the size of the pen is. And it is just that a pen. I also have the same feeling about hunting over bait or even a food plot. To many big deer are big deer becase of the food plot or feeding station. I love to scout my area and learn what the deer are naturaly eating, where they travel and bed and set up my hunts accordingly. It's just my opinion and I feel great when I take a doe a small buck or a bruiser. Dont cheat yourself get out there and do it the old fashioned way.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman
In response to atlasman......

It may sound like I'm saying that but personally I wouldn't want the ability to control the deer like that.I can't speak for everyone else but Ilike the genetic variety personally. To game farms a big 8 is nothing to them but I personally love a big framed 150-160 inch 8 ptr. Its not about the score its about the uniqueness of the bucks. I love big frame 8s, 10s, and love 12s but if I had a150inch 8 and a165inch 12 runnin around I'd take a crack at the first one I had the chance too and would be happy with it..... I don't think its that outsiders want the same abilities to control deer as it is they don't see how it is fair chase (natural breedingcontroled bystate management plans) and beleive those deer are fair chase lagititmat. Thats why HF deer should never be put into record books.... The only control on deer I enjoy is QDM. Let bucks mature and keep doe ratios in check. This doesnt select genetics at all, it just makes for healthy heards and being able to hunt for those big bucks........

I would somewhat agree there but not all the deer are centrally located nor stay in that one area. With a pen situation they make many differnet foodplot ranges all around the farm, that are basically little ecosystems in a sense, and by no means would they keep the plots away from the fences because that is hurting them more than anything by not utilizing their land and having the maximum deer they can. To sum it upthere isdeer that live inall diff parts ofthat pen and not just in the center. If you watch a show (no show inparticular)close enough once in a great while they slip up and get a piece of fence in the backround so you know some deer are shot real close to the fence. Plus I've seen bucks around here that pace those fences on both sides during the rut and this would allow bucks (ofkull quality that are not to ones liking) to come in and interupt the whole selective genetics farming the ranch has going on. We all know food is the last thing on a bucks mind when the rut roles around so the bucks can travel and end up in a whole different area and then you get that mix of genetics going on again. You get the idea. The fence is their for a reason (many reasons actually) and that reason is what makes it not fair chase.

The interesting question...
It is somewhat out of context but yes I would agree in that situation except for the fact that deer has beenaltered somewhatinto what he is through genetic selection, year round feeding plans, unlimited suplimental feeding that would not be allowed in the same amounts as state regulated places, and such. Some bucks may be just as difficult to hunt as fair chase ones but the whole picture still isnt the same.

The biggest thing to remember is that those deer are owned and managed by the HF operation and free roming deer are owned by the state until you purchase a tag and actually harvest the deer...WCL
Old 12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Spike

I have a physical aversion to the simpleton, (Morris), and his partner Schwartz. Self important and rude. Is their show still on TV?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

can someone make a seperate forum for whining and complaining??? YES i have a problem with high fence operations....but the show says its not high fence...and yes I realize they may not telll the truth.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Spike

It's like catching trophy walleye in your small pond that you stock with walleye and feed trout and other rich fish to. Yes, you will get huge walleye, but where's the sport? I don't get that show either. Also, with how friggen big Texas is, why is there so little public land? I live in MN, which is quite a bit smaller, but, I believe, has more land open for public land than Texas.

Quick Reply: Shameless tool David Morris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.