Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shameless tool David Morris >

Shameless tool David Morris

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shameless tool David Morris

Old 01-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shameless tool David Morris

I'd rather watch American Idol than that guys show, and I hate American Idol!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM

I don't watch the show at all, it is a joke. I just don't get the whole deer farming thing. That just takes the natural balance out of order.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just read Tecomate's website...it had nothing on it that suggested genetic mutation of deer or high fencing other than fencing in their crops.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a fan of David Morris or the Bucks of Tecamote. I tried watching the show once, and didn't make it past ten minutes.

The comments about hunting in Texas are common for those who haven't hunted down here on public land. I have seen some huge bucks on public land here in Texas. IMHO, it has more to do with the mindset of the hunter, and the efforts of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. i.e. not shooting small bucks than it does have to do with supplemental feeding, high fences, etc.... but also the TPWD's efforts to help land owners manage the deer on their land.

I do most of my hunting in Arkansas, and I can tell you that if everyone exercised restraint in shooting younger bucks (which unfortunately they don't in my area) we would have larger bucks.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Shadow, I don't if they do it or not, someone no here metioned it. He breeds certain bucks and raises deer like it were a farm. I just think that takes the balance and throws it off course. Does produce big bucks?? I guess, they do it with cattle, but deer are supposed to be wild. Does he actually breed deer?? or create a situation where a certain buck will breed?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I just read Tecomate's website...it had nothing on it that suggested genetic mutation of deer or high fencing other than fencing in their crops.
Its not genetic mutation, its "genetic selection" and when he has clients that come and hunt and can manage his herd by killing as many deer as he wants on the farm, he is practicing "genetic selection" by killing as many of those 8 pt or other kull bucks leaving the big 10s and 12s to do most of the breeding. While free range sportsman manage deer herds by practicing quality deer manangment on their land they are killing mature bucks but not selecting genetics because its simply impossible because you have to abide by state regs on harvest numbers with tags so killing bad genetic bucks and keeping more big genetic bucks breeding your local herd is simply out of the question. I think this is the unethical and misrepresented concept of high fence operations and record books that is in question and why they shouldnt be allowed in the record books.........

Anotherthing about people saying it doesnt matter its fenced because its so big, doesnt mean anythign eitherbecausewhen you take into consideration food plots and feeders keeping those deer in a relative area and being easier to hunt on baited senderos or foodplots isnt fair chase.... How many of those deer on the entire perimeter of his land would get killed by neighbors if that fence wasnt their and his genetic selection program would get less and concentrated more towards the center of his land. The fact is deer travel alot and if his fence was down his program would be compramised alot and not nearly as large scale as it is. WCL
Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Thats some funny **** right there i dont care who you are

[/align]
Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally cannot watch 5 seconds of that show. I do not like the fact that they sit in those houses, talk loudly, and act like the bucks are nothing more than an antler score.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Word

Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bryant1

And to answer your question, no- a private timber company owns the acreage. They ownover 330,000 acresjust in my county which areleased to 3 major hunting clubs and2-3smaller hunting clubs.
Oh, I would've figured that the Langdale Corporation would've owned a lot of land down there. I know they own just about everything where I'm originally from.

Quick Reply: Shameless tool David Morris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.