Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shameless tool David Morris >

Shameless tool David Morris

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shameless tool David Morris

Old 01-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Default RE: Shameless tool David Morris

Look, I never have hunted Texas, or any other state for that matter. I do know this, if they are playing with genetics and bringing stud bucks inand producing big bucks through genetic mutation, then I certainly have a real problem with it. It's not natural. Food plots, QDMA, etc, is all fine by me, but to scientifically alter what is natural?? What the hell is going down there on that ranch. Are these deer or cattle?? Next thing they will be injecting them with steriods. I was only commenting on the high tower stands and feeders that they hunt over, now this is a whole new ball game..BRING IT!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to come on here and degrade the guy or what he does with his land is just plain wrong. If you don't like it, fine then don't participate in it. To put down him or people who do choose to partcipate in a perfectly legal method is just plain ignorant. PETA and the other animal right wackos are the least of our problems as hunters. We are our own worst enemy most of the time and one day it's all going to come crashing down and it's going to be our own da$% fault because we piss & moan and fight among one another more than we fight the antis.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are our own worst enemy most of the time and one day it's all going to come crashing down and it's going to be our own da$% fault because we piss & moan and fight among one another more than we fight the antis.
It's not the anti's it's the non hunters who see stuff like this it turns them off and they vote.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to come on here and degrade the guy or what he does with his land is just plain wrong. If you don't like it, fine then don't participate in it. To put down him or people who do choose to partcipate in a perfectly legal method is just plain ignorant. PETA and the other animal right wackos are the least of our problems as hunters. We are our own worst enemy most of the time and one day it's all going to come crashing down and it's going to be our own da$% fault because we piss & moan and fight among one another more than we fight the antis.
But it's ok in your opinion for them to get on TV and start telling us how wrong Boone and Crockett are for not allowing their deer to be counted in the record books. They chastise us for our opinion on fair chase and that's ok with you. It simply ISN'T hunting as we grew up with. If you let David Morris have his record book bucks from behind his fence then the guy with a 5 acre pen will want his next. You're right, it's legal in Texas, but not for Pope and Young. It's legal in Texas, but not in NY or Hoebunk. It's legal in Texas, but these guys are championing for it to be considered legal everywhere. They're using their TV platform to try and make us all like them. We don't like it and don't want to be like them. I applaud Pope and Young and Boone and Crockett for their stedfast ways.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:11 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

But it's ok in your opinion for them to get on TV and start telling us how wrong Boone and Crockett are for not allowing their deer to be counted in the record books.

Yes.

It's a free country and it's called freedom of speech. No one is forcing you to watch or agree.

You are free to voice your opinions as well as he is his. I wouldn't want either of you silenced.

To each his own.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the middle of an article right now that David Morris wrote in the October North American Whitetail magazine.The featured aspect of the article is the 172 B&C buck he shot on his small ranch of 3000 acres in South Texas.So far the article reads like a paid advertisement for the seed products he is affiliated with.
I respect his knowledge but I don't care for the extreme clinical way he goes about it! It is very hard to relate to passing up bucks that are in the 160's for any hunter,I don't know of anyone who kills bucks of that size consistently in a fair chase environment.He berates himself himself for killing a 150 class buck in Montana several years ago while being filmed for realtree,the the 150 class buck was in a field with 29 other bucks.How many of us can relate to that? A 150 class buck is a beautiful animal that very few of us wouldn't be darn proud of.
For my taste his methods are way to close to selective farming.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Does anyone else find this guy to be a self serving piece of work besides me. I turned on his Bucks of Tecomate for about a total of 3 minutes tonight,... and that was enough for me. He's sitting in a lawn chair with another guy trying to sell that high fenced hunting is NO different and indeed is fair chase. He goes on to say why Boone and Crockett and Pope and Young are wrong in theiridea on what fair chase is. His theory goes something like... "My deer are so well fed that they can be totally nocturnal and shooting one really takes a lot of work and effort. The deer can still use his skills like smell to avoid and escape". He even thinks his deer are harded to kill than ones living in the wild and not behind his fences eating on food fields and bait piles. He and this other guy were almost in a frenze discussing how hard this high fence hunting is. AND YET,.... everytime you see David Morris or anyone kill a buck on Bucks of Tecomate they're over looking a food plot or baited road way while they sit in a shooting house of some sort. Oh yeah David, it's really really hard to hunt those fenced in critters. What a tool. I see this as the beginning of a big campaign by some of these guys to get high fenced hunting recognized as REAL HUNTING for the record books. Then all those pen raised deer can become world records. This guy is about as far from hunting as he can be. I'd rather not shoot a deer than be like he is.
I thought the same thing... I cannot watch that show... it'sa joke.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have an issue with the "fenced" part when you are talking about thousands of acres, but genetic altering and hunting off feeders is way over the line for me. In NY, you cannot bait deer in any fashion. That is what "fair chase" is all about.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

On high fence hunts: I'd bet that those bucks in anarea as big as the Tecomate Ranch is are just as wild and just as hard to kill as the bucks that are outside the fence.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Using the words hunting and fences in the same sentence is like using Hillary and hot in the same one. It just ain't right.[:@]

Quick Reply: Shameless tool David Morris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.