Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Next Typical World Record? >

The Next Typical World Record?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Next Typical World Record?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The Next Typical World Record?

ORIGINAL: childers

i think it will plus atleast 4 new users repost some older big bucks they find on the computer or get texted or emailed lol
[&:]huh
Old 01-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: childers

i think it will plus atleast 4 new users repost some older big bucks they find on the computer or get texted or emailed lol
I think I had 1 too many beers.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah that buck that Greg and I saw in IL that night.........I can't even describe to you the shock when he opened the door and pulled that rack out of the back seat. [:-][:-][:-]

It was literally breathtaking. I can't remember if it was a 6X5 or a 7X6? but like Greg said it was 204 gross and I thought he said it netted 194? I remember asking him if that was in the 180's because I had never seen a rack like it and didn't want to sound like a kook and ask it was 220" LOL
That's when he said "No it's actually 204" and nets in the 190's (I thought he said 194")

But like Greg said it was a single missing G4 or something that was just a straight deduction and accounted for almost the entire side to side difference. He's right, if he had that tine he would have been something like an almost spotless 215" or so typical. He surely would have netted better than 210".
It wasn't even terribly wide, 18 or 19" I think but it just went straight up with the most impressive wall of tines you'd ever lay your eyes on.

Shock was a pretty good word to describe both of our reactions to it.

when the guy described the area he shot it in it sounded like a spot not more than a couple hundred yards from where we hunt.

If I shot that thing I would STILL be spooning its dead carcass.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bet there are a lot of new world records walking around,just no one has been lucky enough to have taken one yet.There would be a lot of baggage with it but I would like to give it a try.[8D]

I am surprised that Ky hasn't been mentioned,it was 2nd at one time behind Ill on book deer per capita.

Here is a small 195"gross that if he had developed the 2 extra tines that had started to form,he probably would have made it well over 200"'s.(I believe 1 more year would have done it)Lot of if's and but's but the deer are there,just a matter of someone getting that lucky day.I am not sure where he ranks in the Ky gun kill records now but down the list a ways,he used to be number 1 but not anymore.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one of the cool things about deer hunting, you just never know what could happen to anyone next year. As much as all the good properties are hunted, exploited, leased, turned into businesses, fought over, held as top secret honey holes, etc, there are still potential world records that could fall even in 08, how cool is that. Rob,the first thing I woulddo is take a picture and post it on HNI and show you guys, then call the DNR [8D] Greg and Matt, I would have loved to have seen a picture of your faces when the guy opened the door, could have been an HNI "priceless" piclol

Not sure what this guy would have scored last season, 135 - 140?He wasnt real wide, maybe 16 - 18" inside,but from 60 yards he sure was pretty. Who knows what he couldscore in 2 or 3 more years? Definatelywill never be any kind of world record, but he could be my own personal bow record with another 10 or 20 inches.Hearing about all the local and faraway gianst is all part of the lure and mystery.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

He was out doe hunting and this buck came to 10 yards.
Kudos to him for passing on it because we all know there are a few guys who would have shot him.

I believe there is one out there somewhere and could be located in several states or in Canada. I also believe a few have lived and died by natural causes that were in areas where hunting was not allowed.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

He was out doe hunting and this buck came to 10 yards.
Kudos to him for passing on it because we all know there are a few guys who would have shot him.

I believe there is one out there somewhere and could be located in several states or in Canada. I also believe a few have lived and died by natural causes that were in areas where hunting was not allowed.
Greg, we talked about this very thing. I actually said that exactly to him and then I said you couldn't. If you did, you'd have tag it with what, your dad's tag and it'd have to go down in the record books as your dad's and you could never tell anyone differently. That would be wrong on so many levels.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Honestly, ihave been saying that Ill was going to produce the next world record for the last several years, guess im not good at calling it. and yes i do believe the next record is on the hoove right now.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I bet there are a lot of new world records walking around,just no one has been lucky enough to have taken one yet.There would be a lot of baggage with it but I would like to give it a try.[8D]

I am surprised that Ky hasn't been mentioned,it was 2nd at one time behind Ill on book deer per capita.

Here is a small 195"gross that if he had developed the 2 extra tines that had started to form,he probably would have made it well over 200"'s.(I believe 1 more year would have done it)Lot of if's and but's but the deer are there,just a matter of someone getting that lucky day.I am not sure where he ranks in the Ky gun kill records now but down the list a ways,he used to be number 1 but not anymore.
TFOX

I was trying to keep KY on the down low[&:]
Old 01-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ky, where is that? trying to help you out Germ
ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: TFOX

TFOX

I was trying to keep KY on the down low[&:]

Quick Reply: The Next Typical World Record?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.