Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Next Typical World Record? >

The Next Typical World Record?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Next Typical World Record?

Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Next Typical World Record?

If I shot that thing I would STILL be spooning its dead carcass.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 AM

I personally think there are less 215 net typicals out there than we think....The Jordan buck remained king for what? 40 years or more?

There are probably a lot of bucks that are very close, but close doesn't count!

With that said, I know of 8x8 typical in my area that has yet to be killed..... I'll be interested to see what he scores if ever killed...
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I believe there is one out there somewhere and could be located in several states or in Canada. I also believe a few have lived and died by natural causes that were in areas where hunting was not allowed.
I think your right Coug! Most of these big bucks die of old age without ever being seen.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

[8D]This is why if you do have a huge deer on your property you don't tell anyone, someone might advertise it on the internet!!!!![8D][8D][8D][8D]
Old 01-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a few out there, but the difference between 200" and 220" is huge. People take 200" deer every year across north america, but add that extra 20" and the air really gets thin.

I have to disagree about those deer never being seen. I can only speak about places like IA, but here there are just too many people ( berry pickers, all kinds of hunters, trappers, horseback riders, random motorists, farmers etc....on every peice of property for a deer that big to NOT be seen. Hense, word gets around. There are no vast forested areas here. The Albia buck was known all over the state before it was harvested, I saw footage of it.

That being said, I know of a few rumors currently in the state, but maybe all they are are rumors and generally they are exagerations.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are a few out there, but the difference between 200" and 220" is huge. People take 200" deer every year across north america, but add that extra 20" and the air really gets thin.
We need to educuate these people so they know what a deer's true potential is so they will let these 200" walk and mature a little.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the biggest factor is being able to take that deer in that ONE YEAR where he is at his full potential, and had the right antler configuration so he wouldnt be hurt by non typical kickers. One year he can be just a few inches short, the next a perfect, symmetrical rack that could break the record, and the next he can grow a few non typical points that really hurt the score.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

man good luck to the guy
i think itll be IL or IA
Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard of a buck and saw pics of it from Iowa and it is said to gross in the 230's and net in the 220's as a typicalbut they couldn't officially score it cuz they have to wait for the 60 day drying period. Of course someone will beat milo hansons buck, there are deer every year that would have if they didn't have one small kicker point or a broken tine. Records are meant to be broken
Old 01-26-2008, 01:17 PM

I hope it falls to some kidhunting walk-inon public land. The kid that had to stay behind because there 'wasn't room' at his dad's lease. Wearing hand-me-down camo. Someone who doesn't care about overall herd health or supplemental feeding. Just out doingwhat he loves. I'd really like to see that.

Quick Reply: The Next Typical World Record?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.