Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Virginia affirms Sunday bowhunt ban >

Virginia affirms Sunday bowhunt ban

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Virginia affirms Sunday bowhunt ban

Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Virginia affirms Sunday bowhunt ban

PA Game Comm.has discussed Sunday hunting a couple times. I thought they wuold vote on it this year. It just dissapeared for some reason. There's no mention of it in their agenda for the next PGC meeting.
The arguements are the same as VA. Religious reasons, land useage by others, other than hunters. Blah,blah,blah.
I can't see a problem. I see hikers and families all the time in the woods during archery season. They keep to the roads and don't venture to the deeper woods where most hunters are.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 AM

Default Virginia Sunday bowhunting

Yesterday, my dad emailed me to tell me that the Virginian Pilot said the Va Senate passed a law allowing Sunday Archery hunting. I looked on the State's Legislative website but could not find anything.
Also, the Roanoke paper has an article discussing the topic and mentioning an organization of hunters called HUSH.
Anyone know of moreinfo out there?
Old 01-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Virginia Sunday bowhunting

deee--the Sunday hunting law was not passed....we still have a Sunday hunting ban in Virginia.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm curious, in all the states that allow hunting on Sunday, has there been horses and riders shot with archery equipment? For comparison, how many people are killed on Virginia's highways (on Sunday)? Wouldn't you think it would be better to ban driving on Sundays if safety was as critical as they seem to make it?I do not see the logic here and I'm glad I do not live in Virginia.

I would push the issue...

Good luck!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ganted Iam from Mn but ARE THEY saying that people in Virginia ONLY RIDE HORSE'S ON SUNDAY.....If they play that game maybe it should be a LAW......Horse's can only be riden on Sunday between the hours of 7am and 8pm how do you think that would go......I guess Crossfire dosnt happen Mon thru Sat in Virginia...
I cant even imagin not be able to hunt Sundays......

I feel for you folks out there.....
Old 01-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

A ranger all we are asking for is to be able to hunt PRIVATE land.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

It just baffels me how a certain group of people can be so blind to say what they do about Sunday Hunting,it's like when North Dakota didnt allow the sales of Hard goods on Sunday all you could buy was food,but they fineally came a round and changed that about 15yrs ago.........
Then there is...... Private Propery ......and you cant even hunt that,man,Someone needs to get a head of steam and get the sportsman of Virginia together and make a plan of attack.....I may not be asportsman that goes the extra mile in my state when fishing or hunting,atv rideing issues come up but I do e-mail to people that can and will try to make a differance.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM

I live just in Sc, but hunt in Ga. In Sc, I cant hunt Sundays on public land, but in Ga I can hunt anywhere. In 16 years of hunting, I have never seen anyone on a horse while I was hunting. I know if I was told I couldnt hunt my own property on a given day, I would be considered a "poacher". Maybe they give the game wardens Sunday off?, if thats the case who would catch you? As long as you dont go arrowing a bunch of horses or riders, who would know? I know its not PC for me to say that, but thats how I feel about it. Truthfully though, as much as I am obsessed with hunting, I doubt I would live in a state that tells me I cant enjoy my favorite pastime.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Spike

Personally I would rather they do away with allowing dogs to run deer, given a choice.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Quick Reply: Virginia affirms Sunday bowhunt ban

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.