Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

In your mind?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default In your mind?

What is the toughest, sharpest, deadliest, best shooting, best blood trail making broadhead on the market today? A real killer, that makes you say "OMG look at the hole", "look at the blood trail". Come on guys what are some killer broadheads...
Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 AM

Default RE: In your mind?

There are a # of good ones and bad ones, but for me and my house will worship the Muzzy!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

After seeing some of the holes these guys made with Rage 2 blades. I'll buy a couple packs to play with!
Old 01-24-2008, 11:21 AM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

After seeing some of the holes these guys made with Rage 2 blades. I'll buy a couple packs to play with!
I'd have to agree. Although I've never tried them, all the reviews and photos of the rage look pretty harsh.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

This gets my vote also, and the Rocket Hammerhead does a good job too. But the Rage is a much better built head with more durable blades.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

I have never shot one so my opinion may not count, however the rage kinda look flimsy dont you think? To me it seems the blades might be too thin. Again i have never shot them, this is just my observation..
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used Muzzy for years and they are still a big seller simply because of price. NAP has always made a quality head and have been good sellers as well. G5 especially the Strikers are a solid performing and good selling head also.I have played with, shot, and hunted with numerous mechanicals, butone failure was too many and 2 sealed the deal. I won't go there anymore on anything bigger than a Turkey. If you are looking for great flight, toughness, blade sharpness, massive holes, and excellent blood trails. It is hard to find a head better than a Slick Trick. I can't wait to try out the new GrizzTrick next fall it should be Awesome!

Dan

Dan
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Hands down....I've never seen anything like the damage the Rage heads can inflict.

I actually deleted some of my pictures of the carnage......because I didn't think anyone would believe me. They are absolutely destructive.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mech: Rage 2 blade or Rocky Mt. Gator XP.

Fixed: Even without shooting one, the new G5 Striker 1.5" in a 3 blade, and that new bigger Slick Trick 4 blade would be hard to beat for every category based upon their smaller offerings.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

The only thing about the Rage is the price, then if you damage a blade the cost of replacement blades is outragious. I can get my Muzzy MX-4's for the almost the same price as just the replacement blades for the rage. Than only reason I went with the Muzzy MX-4 over the slick tricks this past year is because Muzzy has practice blades. But man them Rage sure have sold like hot cakes and I have had more good things about them than any other broadhead.

Quick Reply: In your mind?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.