Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anything else compare?? >

Does anything else compare??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anything else compare??

Old 01-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does anything else compare??

Original: PA Hardwoods
Because no matter if I see anything or not there is always something I take from every hunt as a memory. I can't fully explain it but just being out there in GOD's woods enjoying his creation, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, just focusing on hunting and hunting alone, wipes all those daily stresses away.
I couldn't agree more, although snow skiing comes in a close second.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya Vab! I gotta say though if I couldn't bow hunt my family wouldn't be what it is today! The woman in my life knows that if I can't go out and bow hunt deer, bear, or whatever it is that I'm hunting our relationship would suffer and probably not exist. Bow hunting is my out and release, without It I wouldn't amount to much. It may sound bad from what I just wrote but when your raised by a family of bow hunters this is what you become and what you are.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it would be a tough choice between bowhunting deer and turkey hunting.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

outdoors wise.....there is nothing that compares......yeah i love to bass fish, but they all look the same to me
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

When the weather warms up......Lisa and I can ususally be found around some water. I don't miss bowhunting one bit during this time. I honestly think about it.....but that's about it. I will be shooting a lot of 3D this year for the first time....so maybe that will curb the appetite, some.

30 minutes on a Saturday morning to check the trail cams (summer)....and 30 minutes to look over what's out there......that usually fuels the flame, again. But we have WAY too much fun together for me to think too much about hunting when it's 90, outside.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 AM

It's hard to think about hunting when it's hot, but it is always somewhere in the back of my mind, even in June and July.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:47 AM

Vabowman I hear you. I use to fish 40+ hours a week including running the beaches at Cape Hatteras three weeks a year. We even spent our honeymoon there so as not to missone of the best times to fish, October/November. Then I discovered bow hunting. We have a family house in Brigantine, NJ. and every yearI tellmy wifeI'll get a permit for the truck so we can run the beaches in the fall for stripers and every year I don't do it. Stripers or bowhunting ? No contest!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Yes sir, I love bass fishing, bass tournaments, but the cost every year is getting mefarther away from it, bowhunting has always been my first love, and now that gas $is out of wack, I can't see me fishing anymore than 6-8 tourneys this year. I got to have money for leases and dues, I will not let fishing cut into that.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

But we have WAY too much fun together for me to think too much about hunting when it's 90, outside.
Suck up.

Just kidding. I am also blessed to have a spouse that is definitely the "better half" that loves to snow ski which I why I listed it as a close second to bowhunting.

I even have a 14 year old son that will still actually do things with his ole man from time to time so long as none of his friends find out about it.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Spike

I started bowhunting in the 60's. People asked back then "what are you doing with that bow in the woods"? After all these years the answer is the same. " enjoying the time of my life"! There is no activity that can compare to my time in the whitetail woods. I have a boat and there is much to be said for fishing but It just doesn't compare with opening day of bow season. Even now we are getting ready to go ice fishing but while I am there I will be watching out the shanty window to see if the deer are up and about.

Quick Reply: Does anything else compare??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.