Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My little Girl

Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My little Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjO9kX4npVY&feature=related
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Spike

Quote:

When guy comes to pick up my 17 year old daughter, I take him in the basement and show him my mounts. Then I show him and empty space on the wall. I tell him that is reserved for the first guy that doesn't treat my little girl right. This seems to get their attention!!

That is great. My daughter is 13 now and I have been telling my wife that when a young man comes to pick up my daughter for the first date I am going to be sitting at the kitchen table cleaning my 375 JDJ Contender pistol. That ought to wake him up.

My daughter has become quite a hunter even though she is quite ladylike. She has taken a deer and a turkey and she really likes it. Hopefully it lasts.

Good luck with yours. The memories will last a lifetime.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

Guys/Girls

My little girl is off the map with hunting videos and animals.. She is 2.5 years old and she knows the difference between a red stag and an elk.

Are any of you in the same situation as me...??? I would never push her...But I'm beginning to think I have the best hunting partner anyone could ever have....I love her so much....When I say I'm going hunting she runs to get her boots...She loves her camo shirts...and the other day she put a neck shot on one of my mounts on the wall...with her suction cup indian bow at 15 feet....Love it!

She will be out in 2008 in the tent blind....its going to be rough because she is a talker....Cherished Memories.

Brian
Absolutely PRECIOUS, MW!!!! My nephews were like that ..... I have one bit of advice ....... GET VIDEO!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Yea, mine walks around the house grunting at the deer mounts and calling turkey's.. She is 3 now and I don't think she can wait another year to get out in a blind..

When I walk through the door with camo on she always asks... Daddy, did you shoot a turkey today? Daddy, did you shoot a deer for me? lol Daddy's little huntin partner... :-)
Old 01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

My boy has been making elk bugles, buck grunts, and turkey calls for the last year. He'll be 3 in March.

He knows the difference between deer, moose, and elk. He knows a buck from a doe, but all bucks are "big bucks." LOL

They are fun to have around when they are interested in what daddy is doing.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:47 PM

lol ya but sometime you may find out more than you want from that. When I was young and you KNOW full Of C%% if that would have happend to me I would have told him you should see what I have and then went to my truck were I aways had a shotgun. For when I would drive to and from school had to take them back roads. TO show of my gun.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 PM

huntingbry

That is the way my son is all bucks are Big Bucks. I need to work with him on that.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old daughter.
The 3.5 year old can't wait to shoot a deer, turkey, & bear like daddy.
She watches hunting shows w/ me and shoots the game w/ her nerf bow!

"got him daddy".... "let me show you his horns"!
Gotta love it... I'm not gonna push her into it... If she wants to come w/ me... I will embrace it... if not, I understand. I will be taking her out calling turkeys this spring before season though.. She is pretty good w/a box call.

I am already researching her first bow... probably a Mathews Mini Genesis... in pink of course...

Enjoy it... these girls will be alot different before we know it!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 AM

Michigan
I have around 50 hunting vidios and start watching them every year around the end ofJuly. My son is six and my daughter is eight and they have been watching the vidios with me for years. As a matter of fact my son ask me every night if we are going to watch one if I don't already have oneonduring that time of year. He started going hunting with me when he was four. Itis more of a hike/picnic and question/answer session than hunting but I knew that going in and wouldn't trade it for anything. He thinks he's the man with his camo and face paint and back pack full of coco and snacks. Isn't it great? Ken
Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 AM

I have 2 boys, Brady and Eli, Brady is 2.5 and Eli 6 mths. Brady loves to watch videos with me and he loves when I bring deer home to skin. True story: We went to my wif'es sister's housea while back and her 4 yr old boy came up to Brady with his teddy bear and said "hey brady, you like my bear?" and Brady replied, " yeh ya want me to skin it!!"" I thought my wife and sister in law were gonna have heart failure.... I laughed til I cried. The lil 4 yr son of sister in law cried his eyes out. Brady laughed. Im sick I know!!

Quick Reply: My little Girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.