HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   General or Equalizer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/228788-general-equalizer.html)

MartinMan09 01-23-2008 07:16 PM

General or Equalizer

Well I am just a wee lil guy I am only 5'6" and and only about 115 pounds andI like The bowtech general alot but I can get more speed out of the Equalizer and recomondations on which way to go on purchasing a bowtech?

Washington Hunter 01-23-2008 07:19 PM

RE: General or Equalizer

I absolutely love the way the General shoots.

If I weren't concerned about speed and was looking for a bow I truely enjoyed shooting, I would go with the General. Having a shorter draw length, you're definitely going to be on the slower side with the General. The Equalizer was designed specifically for people with a short draw length.

MartinMan09 01-23-2008 07:21 PM

I like the general for the forgiveness........very accurate from what i hear!!

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-23-2008 07:34 PM

Yes, the General is very accurate in terms of forgiveness and hold. I'm very pleased with the groups/ accuracy it's given me right out of the box.

I can imagine more when I get her broke in and the feel for her.

I havne't however shot the Equalizer so I cannot compare the two. Tonight I was playing with my newly arrived 82nd Airborne. I'm curious, you didn't mention your draw length? The reason I ask, I've backed down my 82nd to 62 lbs and it's spitting out a 343 grain arrow at 320fps. Now I intend to go heavier for hunting but you get the idea. ;)

MartinMan09 01-23-2008 07:47 PM

I would love to shoot the airbornes hands down but I am one inch short of shooting them:(but otherwise thats the road I would take.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-23-2008 07:50 PM

What is your draw?

The General is down to 26", the 82nd at 26.5".

MartinMan09 01-23-2008 07:53 PM

oh I did not realize the 82nd went to 26.5 because thats where I am at hmmmmm well I might just have to look into the 82nd and one more question whats the accuracy like with the 82nd?

Red Boar 01-23-2008 07:58 PM

I wouldn't overlook the Elite Fire...I have one on the way. ;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-23-2008 08:08 PM

I haven't finished setting up my 82nd but at a slightly longer 36" ATA, adequate brace especially for a short DL, She'll be one hell of a shooter.

Until my Ally, I never owned shorter than a 36" ATA bow.

You'll get a ton of speed out of the 82nd at your short DL. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Matt/TN 01-23-2008 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

I wouldn't overlook the Elite Fire...I have one on the way. ;)
VERY nice bow. WE got ours in at the shop and it shoots REALLY good.