Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poachers SUCK!!!!! ***UPDATE*** >

Poachers SUCK!!!!! ***UPDATE***

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers SUCK!!!!! ***UPDATE***

Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Default RE: Poachers SUCK!!!!!

ttt
Old 01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
bigcountry

I find it hard to believe thats a 121" set. It definately looks more like a 100".

Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel your pain BM, last year we found a buck I hunted 2x years and found gut shot in the middle of the property. I passed him as a 2.5, had an encounter with him as a 3.5, and then we find him dead later that same year........he went 127". Also this year I found footprints walking through the middle of my honey hole, looks like they dropped someone off to drive it clean while I wasn't there. [:@] Don't know if they killed anything but I'm anxious to catch them on camera, or in person so I can have them prosecuted.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM

Well the numbers don't lie. Like I said, the pics don't do it justice. The thing that really helps the deer out is it has huge main beams, they have alot of curve to them and you can't see in that picture just how far they sweep forward!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a real bummer Jason[:@]! I don't know the land and you do but I'd say that it's very possible that a gut shot deer that got pressured right away could definitely travel that far. 650 yards would take a healthy deer less than 10 minutes to cross at a fast walk. A gutshot deer can last for hours. Even if he wanted to lay down, he couldv'e been bumped back up once or twice and would easily go that far. The fact that your ground is off limits to most may also be why he wound up there. The buck may haveregarded your honey hole as a safe haven and went there intentionally when he was hurt and pressured.

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I find it hard to believe thats a 121" set. It definately looks more like a 100".
That would've been my impression from the first pic but BM gave ushis measurements. Photos can be decieving both ways. BM has shot some pretty nice bucks, especially for a guy his age, and heeven took the time to put down the measurements,I beleivehis scoring 100% even though the pic doesnt appear to support it.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. I hate poachers!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks guys, I know it is possible for the deer to have came from the other section of woods, but from what happened with the well tenders tresspassing on the property last year and the fact that this buck was laying in a golden rod field off the edge of a gaswell road, those alone just have me believing it was shot on the property. Also, the buck was facing the property where others can hunt, I just can't see him comming across the field, jumping the fence, going through a thicket of green briars and crab apples, across a gaswell road, entering the golden rod field and turning back towards where he came from to bed down, but then again, deer do some crazy stuff from time to time. I do know that the landowner wasn't too happy about the news and he plans on keeping an eye on the property next year.

Here are some new pictures of the rack that I just took, they show off the size a little better.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would have been a nice one next year. Sounds more like a bad hit/follow up to me. Most poachers want the rack or the meat.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad no matter how it happened--he had potential.[&o]
Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Man that sucks id be pissed[:@]but hey what can you do some people are a**holes that wouldve been a great buck in a year or 2 he reminds me of a young buck we had around here that had 10pnts at 2.5 years old and a score of about 115" he also got killed before he reached his full potential. What a waste

Quick Reply: Poachers SUCK!!!!! ***UPDATE***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.