Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many is too many?? >

How many is too many??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many is too many??

Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How many is too many??

Eat what you kill, or give it to those who will. As far as to much, It depends on the herd and how many deer need to be culed for a healthy herd. But from what you discribed, it sounds like what lead to bag limits in the first place.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

IL. archery season you kill as many as you are willing to buy tags for, only 2 bucks though. I have killed around 20 in a year (there is a Children's Home who will accept them as a donation) but frankly anymore I'm too lazy to kill that many. Field Dressing them, dragging them out, etc., etc. If it's illegal where they are doing it then naturally it's wrong. Otherwise more power to them

Dan
Old 01-23-2008, 11:58 AM

Well, unless they are killing 28 does and only 3 bucks they are not following the rules. Sooo, you can use your own imagination on that one. Yes we have an abudance of deer here were I live, Im just saying that for me , that 30 deer is too much. So what Im getting from you guys is, as long as it's legal, it's ok to kill that many? If so, fine, just wanted to know what you guys thought, Im outnumbered here, but I won't get upset, or change myt opinion even if it is legal. I think that these two guys have a major ego problem and it makes them feel more like a man to kill that many deer.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

It makes me feel tired.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Well, unless they are killing 28 does and only 3 bucks they are not following the rules. Sooo, you can use your own imagination on that one.
Are you going to turn them in?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 PM

No Im not going to turn them in, they have already been caught for not tagging numerous deer.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

No Im not going to turn them in,
Then I fail to see why you are complaining to us about them. You say that they are killing too many deer, illegally, but you won't turn them in "because they have been caught before".
Old 01-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It makes me feel tired.
That's the way it made me feel Jeff[8D]

Dan
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy "hunting deer" not just killing deer. I like finding out where they spend their time what families they belong to and how they interact with other deer moving in and out of their territories etc... I couldn't kill that many deer in a season even if was 100% legal. I don't get that big of a thrill out of the actual act of killing. I go out to take my deer but even if I was supplying the meat to the needy I'd have to take them out and show them how to do it rather than keep killing deer. Like I said, I'm not that thrilled with the act of killing and once you cross the line of supplying your own family your just killing. It's not like it's that hard to just kill a deer even here in PA where everybodys whining there aren't deer to kill.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 PM

i know guys like this too. its all being ate so i dont see a problem with it. but thats only as long as its being eaten and not wasted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.