Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WB; not accurate? >

WB; not accurate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

I would think the real question is whether he thinks he is going to the course every day with equipment that is superior to everything else.
That's taking it a step further, for sure.

When tiger was playing as an amatuer....he utilized MP14 and MP29 Mizuno irons. When he signed with Titleist.....the blade they made for him was......an MP14 with a Titleist stamp on it. Through R&D they developed a new line.....just so he wouldn't be thinking about this.

Through R&D....Nike did the same thing. they made their new irons to Tiger's EXACT specs and wants. I can assure you he thinks he's going to the course every day with SUPERIOR equipment. If he didn't....he'd use something else (like he did a few years ag when he was frustrated with Nike's Drivers and went back to his Titleist Driver). He was endorsing Nike....but using something (driver) he felt was SUPERIOR.

He is not going to go into a gunfight with a knife ......just because he's endorsing knives.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: DeerStalker80

I dont know if anyone has said this or what but here is my 2 cents on the topic. I wb vs a drop away. I am a believer in a drop away. Heres why if you shoot an arrowwith a drop awayand after the shot you have bad release form you can get away with it because nothing is touching the arrow vs the WB is guideing the arrow until it is completely through. If you have great form and learn how to shoot through the shoot its just as accurate as the drop away but for that ice cold, big buck occasion its nice to know that, you have a little room of error in your form
This is a BIG misconception!

First of all, no matter what rest you're using, the arrow is still connected to the string! If your form is bad or your follow through not right your arrow flight will STILL BE EFFECTED! You drop away guys act like as soon as the rest drops your arrow is free from the bow...Sorry to "drop" this on you but it will be connected to the bow until it's released from the string and therefore will still be effected by poor form.

Also,it's been argued thatit's actually better to keep the arrow ON the rest as long as possible before release. You are finding that more and more of the drop away rest companies trying to figure out how to keep the arrow on the rest for as long as possible and still get the prongs to drop away and clear the fletchings at the last moment....Don't believe me? Take a look at the advertisement for the new "Wammy" drop away.This actually is a plus for the WB

Next, has anyone even stopped to think just how short a time the arrow is attachedto the bow (string or rest)at the time of the release?? Milliseconds folks milliseconds. It would be very difficult to effect the flight of the arrow (once released) even if you tried!

No, 99% of the time your form is bad BEFORE the shot. If your not following through correctly it won't matter what rest you have on your bow. Once youtouch the release that arrow is off the string and away from the bow before you can even blink!

Does it stay in contact with the rest longer than a drop away? Yes it does but has ANYONE actually clocked what that difference in time is?? I bet if you did you'd be surprised at just how insignificant that number really is.

And now were finding out that it's actually better to keep the arrow on the rest as long as possible....go figure.[&:]

Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I would think the real question is whether he thinks he is going to the course every day with equipment that is superior to everything else.

When tiger was playing as an amatuer....he utilized MP14 and MP29 Mizuno irons. When he signed with Titleist.....the blade they made for him was......an MP14 with a Titleist stamp on it. Through R&D they developed a new line.....just so he wouldn't be thinking about this.

Through R&D....Nike did the same thing. they made their new irons to Tiger's EXACT specs and wants. I can assure you he thinks he's going to the course every day with SUPERIOR equipment. If he didn't....he'd use something else (like he did a few years ag when he was frustrated with Nike's Drivers and went back to his Titleist Driver). He was endorsing Nike....but using something (driver) he felt was SUPERIOR.

He is not going to go into a gunfight with a knife ......just because he's endorsing knives.
But if the other golfers' sponsors are doing the same thing for them then who is to say what is really superior. Certainly if we all had custom made gear suited to each of us that would be great but we are stuck with production line equipment and, as I said earlier, there is a whole lot of equal out there and very few superior.

I don't think the WB is any better or any worse than a half dozen other rests on the market. Same with sights, etc.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM

1question.....and we'll know if we need to discuss this any further...

Do you really believe that Tiger Woods thinks he's (and IS)going to the course every day with "inferior equipment"?

I'm sure he thinks he is going in with a superior complete package.......equipment being only part of that equation. I have no doubt he wouldn't feel any worse about his chances if he was using different clubs or balls.........or if the other guy was playing Nike stuff.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM

We could have this debate all day...........it has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

But if the other golfers' sponsors are doing the same thing for them then who is to say what is really superior.
Good question. But to correlate this back to the thread.....I don't see any of the top golfers in the world using brush tees and hitting Top Flites.....no matter how much money the companies are willing to sling at 'em.

A simply asked many moons ago.....If the WB is as accurate as the other rests....wouldn't we see a large percentage of the top archers in the world using them?

When we want to know about performance in automobiles....we look to the guys pushing the envelope in that arena. When we want to talk about accuracy in Archery.....wouldn't we do the same?

It's got nothing to do with whether or not the WB is a good hunting rest, or not. It is. Conceded.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

I don't think the WB is any better or any worse than a half dozen other rests on the market. Same with sights, etc.
I have a Viper Predator Pro sight with all the bells and whistles..........was $150 I believe.........nice sight......it's sitting on my desk right now staring at me. I have a plain black Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter that cost me $40 I think about 5 years ago..........never had a problem killing a deer with it.

We like to make things more complex then they really are.........the WSSM would not exist if this were not true
Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM

A simply asked many moons ago.....If the WB is as accurate as the other rests....wouldn't we see a large percentage of the top archers in the world using them?
They don't use drop aways either.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Ive only just switched from the WB to a Ripcord and that was because i had wanted to try a dropaway it had nothing to do with a inaccurate WB shot my first few deer with a WB and had no problems with them being inaccurate i dont know where people got that idea
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we want to know about performance in automobiles....we look to the guys pushing the envelope in that arena. When we want to talk about accuracy in Archery.....wouldn't we do the same?
What hunting rest are the top archers in the world using?

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.