Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WB; not accurate? >

WB; not accurate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

I just don't see how you could tell when it is wearing out, besides when you start to loose accuracy. I also don't like what it did to the fletching on a few arrows when I tried one. I'm from the "Old School" of no fletch contact. I think it is a good rest just not a great rest.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Achieved on a WB mounted bow....

DISCLAIMERfrom ten yards....)
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 AM

I dont know if anyone has said this or what but here is my 2 cents on the topic. I wb vs a drop away. I am a believer in a drop away. Heres why if you shoot an arrowwith a drop awayand after the shot you have bad release form you can get away with it because nothing is touching the arrow vs the WB is guideing the arrow until it is completely through. If you have great form and learn how to shoot through the shoot its just as accurate as the drop away but for that ice cold, big buck occasion its nice to know that, you have a little room of error in your form
Old 01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

From my golf and baseball days.....I trust what the guys at the top of the game are using.

If the top archers in the world were using this rest (on a wide scale level).....I think that would say a lot for it. I'm honestly not sure why they aren't? I guess that might be just as good a question.
GMMAT,
From my golf days i recall not being able to use what the big dogs were using. They used these thin forged blade clubs with the smallest sweet spot immaginable. Personally, it was easier for me to hit the perimeter weighted clubs because they were more forgiving to us hacks.
Even now, the hottest selling clubs are the Hybrids but the vast majority of the top pros are not using them.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

From my golf days i recall not being able to use what the big dogs were using. They used these thin forged blade clubs with the smallest sweet spot immaginable. Personally, it was easier for me to hit the perimeter weighted clubs because they were more forgiving to us hacks.
Is it because you couldn't use it.....or it wasn't available to you?

I used MP14's, MP29's (I think that was that model) and a set of Cleveland Classic Byron Nelson Blades that Roger himself had made for me. The top equipment was available to you.

Your analogy brings up a good point, though. Lots of guys are using equipment (in golf and in archery....because target archery and golf are strikingly similar).....not because it's the "best". They're using it because it's cheap and user-friendly.

Probably more guys hitting TopFlite balls every weekend around the US than any other ball. But I don't think anyone in the know would tell you it's the "best".
Old 01-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it because you couldn't use it.....or it wasn't available to you?

Oh I had them alright. Set of 1978 Wilson Staff tour blades. It was just that when the Ping Eye 2 came out, golf life was so much better for me.

I used MP14's, MP29's (I think that was that model) and a set of Cleveland Classic Byron Nelson Blades that Roger himself had made for me. The top equipment was available to you.

Your analogy brings up a good point, though. Lots of guys are using equipment (in golf and in archery....because target archery and golf are strikingly similar).....not because it's the "best". They're using it because it's cheap and user-friendly.

Probably more guys hitting TopFlite balls every weekend around the US than any other ball. But I don't think anyone in the know would tell you it's the "best".

I can't say that I've ever used the Rock-Flite's. But back in the day I wouldn't use the Titleist balata covered ball either. The things just spun too much for me exagerating my natural draw way too much
I'm just saying that just because the pros are using it doesn't make it right for me or that i can even use it effectively.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm just saying that just because the pros are using it doesn't make it right for me or that i can even use it effectively.
I didn't imply that. I asked "WHY" are they using it?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:20 PM

I didn't imply that. I asked "WHY" are they using it?

Because they get paid. Pro bowlers will use whatever company is paying the most for exposure on TV. It has been argued by many (even in public) that Tiger uses inferior gear in Nike because they pay him so much and he is so good he can get away with it.

TV or "name" hunters are no different...........EVERY one of them would switch ANY piece of gear they have in a second if offered enough money. Will Primos looks into the camera one day and says PSE is the greatest bow out there and the next day is pushing Fred Bear..........if he REALLY liked PSE so much wouldn't he still be shooting them??

I have little doubt that Chuck Adams could kill just about anything walking with any setup out there if given adequate practice time..........just as I am sure Phil or Tiger could grab my clubs and a box a Pinnacle's and go shoot a 65.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

1question.....and we'll know if we need to discuss this any further...

Do you really believe that Tiger Woods thinks he's (and IS)going to the course every day with "inferior equipment"?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

1question.....and we'll know if we need to discuss this any further...

Do you really believe that Tiger Woods thinks he's (and IS)going to the course every day with "inferior equipment"?

I would think the real question is whether he thinks he is going to the course every day with equipment that is superior to everything else. And that is the crux of the whole "equipment" question, to me anyway. Is there something else that is superior to what I am using. And, IMO, there is a whole lot of equal out there and very little superior.

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.