Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WB; not accurate? >

WB; not accurate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WB; not accurate?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM

Default RE: WB; not accurate?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Who's talking about top archers in the world??
Me
Why??........this is a bowhunting forum. We are talking about bowhunting right?

I can shoot the same strings, arrows, sight, peep, release aid, rest AND bow if I wanted to.

But you won't..........unless you want to be the only guy in the woods with a back tension release and a spring steel rest and a 2 foot stabilizer hanging off your rig.

When you want to find out what the most accurate piece of equipment in the archery industry is.....who else would you look to.....other than the guys at the top of the world in target archery?
I don't shoot targets...........I hunt so I look to hunters. More use a WB then any other rest. You like to follow the crowd Jeff......which is why you had one in the first place

You know I will readily admit it's a great hunting rest
Agreed.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Although I hunt with a wrist strap release, Dan....I don't see this discussion as any different than me posting up my results from 30 and 40 yds with that release aid.

But...it's no secret that most of the top archers in the world employ a thumb trigger or a BT release. Even though I use a wrist strap release.....I'm not shunned or threatened that this is simply the way it is. They use the releases they use for a reason. I assume they use the rests they use for a similar reason.

WB is probably on more bows than any other...hands down. It's a great hunting rest.
I can understand what you mean, Jeff.

My reason for posting this thread was this;

A lot of people use HNI to do their product research before they buy. If someone (who works for a pro shop) says that this rest won't be accurate past 20 yards, the inexperienced hunter may take it for gospel and never try it for themselves. I [generally] buy two or three rests and try them out before I decide which one I really like, a lot of people won't spend the money or take the time to do that.

In a hunting situation, which is what I had in mind fot this thread because we're in a hunting forum, this rest will be just as accurate at 40 yards as it is at 20, even in the hands of a not world class shooter.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Why??........this is a bowhunting forum. We are talking about bowhunting right?
Yeah....(And I REALLY don't wanna argue with you Atlas)....but we're also talking about dispelling accuracy myths. Who's more accurate than the guys shooting paper? .....and why WOULDN'T we cite what they're using?

We are talking about bowhunting right?
We're actually discussing an arrow rests accuracy. If you wanna pick nits, I guess this could go in the product review forum.

You like to follow the crowd Jeff......which is why you had one in the first place
(Have no idea why you wanna go the places you do)

The real reason I had one is because my shop suggested it for me.....when I was a beginner. I didn't know there was anything different until I had a reason to change.

Again....I don't want to argue with you about this. I'm just answering your questions, honestly.

Done.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shoot'in brother! Yep! Took a doe at 53 yards with my WB this year. Love it.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Yeah....(And I REALLY don't wanna argue with you Atlas)....but we're also talking about dispelling accuracy myths. Who's more accurate than the guys shooting paper? .....and why WOULDN'T we cite what they're using?
Because it doesn't apply to bowhunting.......2 different worlds. You would get the same response if you said your hunting gear was best for target shooters because it works flawlessly in the woods. I don't think many target shooters will be using a SIMS S-Coil any sooner then they would a WB.

We're actually discussing an arrow rests accuracy. If you wanna pick nits, I guess this could go in the product review forum.
See above..........wash presented a hunting scenerio and it was clear he meant it in that scope. The Vegas targets prove it's scope is greater but that's not what he wanted to show.

The real reason I had one is because my shop suggested it for me
Just obvious observation.......you start off with a Mathews when they were supposedlya "cool" bow to have........then jumped on the Bowtech bandwagon..........WB to drop away............how long until you are on the 3D course with all the gear andobsessive attitude??.........took you about 3 seconds to want to be included into the "mature" big buck hunting club..........you're already onto trad gear........LOL

It's just who you are............how others perceive you is just as or more important then anything else to you. If you were a northern guy in the late 80'sI have little doubt you would have had about 10 ski tags hanging off your jacket.

I don't mean the above as an insult..........justan abservation. To each his own.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:52 PM

This thread was not started as a means to debate which is better, why it's better, or any of that. There was a statement made in a thread last night about the whisker buscuit NOT being an accurate rest beyond 20 yards. And while several people stated it in fact is, the point was ....well, not argued really, but questioned. This thread was done to prove the point that the WB IS in fact an accurate rest, or at least as accurate as the guy shooting it.

Thanks Dan, that's pretty cool.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice, little "review" Dan, that's impressive shooting as well. Especially on 9 consecutive shots [8D].

At the shop, I probably sell WB's 4 to 1 over any other rest. I'll recommend both, just by judging the customer. I see more customers this past year wanting to go to drop aways.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Nice, little "review" Dan, that's impressive shooting as well. Especially on 9 consecutive shots [8D].

At the shop, I probably sell WB's 4 to 1 over any other rest. I'll recommend both, just by judging the customer. I see more customers this past year wanting to go to drop aways.
How many of those customers do you tell that the WB isn't as accurate though, Matt?

Not trying to be a pain or anything, I'm just curious. You seemed pretty adament about it last night here, are you the same way at the shop?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

How many of those customers do you tell that the WB isn't as accurate though, Matt?

Not trying to be a pain or anything, I'm just curious. You seemed pretty adament about it last night here, are you the same way at the shop?
When a customer asks my opinion. I tell them I prefer a drop away, and thats what I shoot. Most of the time they'll ask about a WB, and I'll say it's a great hunting rest. That way, I don't talk them down. If its the type of person who drags their bow out 1 week before season, and then puts it back after season, I'll tell them a WB would be better suited. I HONESTLY have never told anyone that has come into the shop that WB's aren't accurate. I've never been asked that question. I will say that they CAN damage vanes.

That's a fact though, I know I'll have people say that this isn't true if it's set up properly. Some will damage vanes and some won't. I don't know why it does it to only a certain few. When I was shooting a WB, I never had vane trouble, but I've had it happen to people who's bows I've set up. Even ones that tear perfect bullet holes.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the WB's track record speaks for itself. I'll never shoot one, but I don't think it's a bad rest. Those Vegas targets show it's very consistent as well.

BTW, that's some nice shootin' Dan.

Quick Reply: WB; not accurate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.