Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let's cut the crap......I'm cold! >

Let's cut the crap......I'm cold!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let's cut the crap......I'm cold!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Milwaukee makes a heated jacket.

Takes a battery like a cordless drill.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll put in a vote for the warmbag. Similar to the heater body suit, but different.

I hunted last weekend here in NH, was 15 degrees and 30 MPH winds. I grabbed my wife's warmbag, but FORGOT my third sweat shirt and insulated overalls. Effectively I was dressed comfy for down to about 40 degrees. I then jumped into the warm bag and put on a fleece balacava for my head, neck and face. I sat for 3.5 hours and was not only not cold, I was actually toasty warm. I was doubting the weather forcast, until I got up to leave that is and took off the warm bag. By the time I packed up at the stand site and walked 15 minutes to the truck I was FROZEN solid.

Differences from WarmBag over HBS that I like:
- You can wear it and walk, you can unzip the bottom and stick your legs out and walk. This is what my wife does at the end of the hunt.
- You can unzip the sides and stick your arms out (HBS you have to drop it off your shoulders.
- It bundles up smaller for easier carrying.

I was VERY impressed with this thing. At 30 degrees you could go in with your normal hunting clothes, skip most of the layers and all the heavy duty cold gear and jump inside this. It traps your body heat and keeps you warm.

My wife has also used this watching our kids play soccer into November, COLD Saturday mornings, heck cold early spring mornings while all other soccer Mom's froze, she was fine!

Get it, you'll love it.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heater Body Suite ! NUFF SAID
Old 11-28-2013, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard nothing but good things about the HBS. The WarmBag sounds nice as well. How do they match up cost wise?
Old 11-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

bib overalls and a thick jacket go a long way. 2000g Thinsulate boots, handwarmers in a muff and a good hat or ski mask. If it's really cold and I'm sitting, I have a thin, wool sweater and down filled vest. That goes over under armor and underneath heavy jacket.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

.....have you ever thought about fishing? lol
Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, OP...whatcha thinkin? It's getting colder...have you made any purchases?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

For anyone who wants to complain about the cold while you're hunting, try bowhunting the Rut in Alberta the last couple of weeks in Nov! When you're done with your hunt you'll know the TRUE meaning of the word COLD!!!! I promise.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok let's see if I can give you a couple tricks to help you keep warm (weenie..lol). First, I think the double layer of cold gear could be your problem. That stuff needs to breath. Try wearing just one with the duofold over that.
Now for my trick when it is actually cold (not 30*). Use an Ace type bandage or a back support and put a heat pack behind you on each kidney. Then get the "toasty toes" and put them in your boots between your polypropolene and wool socks. Get a couple moe hand warmers and put them in your coat pocket or inside your glove.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Let's cut the crap......I'm cold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.