Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For the guys that pack in all day >

For the guys that pack in all day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the guys that pack in all day

Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For the guys that pack in all day

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I have a "Crooked Horn" pack that is American made and very comfortable. I bought it for elk hunting but now I use it here.I love it.
I too have a crooked horn, I love mine. When i go 1 to 5 miles deep into the woods, it's always with me. good luck
Old 01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Spike

Take a look at the Double Bull wild thing pack. Very versitile and comfortable. It's made for there blinds but will carry a stand and gear. I have one and use the piss out of it. Very well made. I think they may have a video on there website you can watch. Black Creek make the pack I believe.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:54 PM

I've been using a badlands 2200 for many years. Still using it today. I love mine.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Teejay, how much do you figure everything your packing in weighs?

I'd use an external pack frame, like we use out here for our all day elk jaunts two or three miles in..
Old 01-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not really the weight, it is more the mass. I throw my stand on my back and hang my pack over that. Shoulder straps of pack over jaws of stand. I need room for heavy bibs, 2 layers of coat, safety harness, a thermos, my fanny pack with all the tools/gadgets, a lunch. You know lay all the stuff out you need to hunt all day in 0 degree weather. Lay it all on the floor, now I need a pack that will hold all that crap.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would just look thru cabelas on-line and start looking then you can start weeding out likes and dislikes in Daypack/frame packs,Iam useing cabelas as just a viewing forum to get a idea whats out there,also go to
sophuntinggear.com they have afew also.I just went to the 4huntin stores in Fargo yesterday and didnt find anything that interested me all that much.I was keeping this topic in mind when looking too.
Iam going to drive down to Rogers Mn so I can try on some of the packs cabelas has to see how they fit and what they can handle,it hard to tell anything on line.........
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Its not really the weight, it is more the mass. I throw my stand on my back and hang my pack over that. Shoulder straps of pack over jaws of stand. I need room for heavy bibs, 2 layers of coat, safety harness, a thermos, my fanny pack with all the tools/gadgets, a lunch. You know lay all the stuff out you need to hunt all day in 0 degree weather. Lay it all on the floor, now I need a pack that will hold all that crap.
I'm tired just reading that. I applaud you guys who get in good enough shape to do something like this
Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

wHEN YA GOING TO rOGERS?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I daytrip into the backcountry in the dacks I used my camelback daypack it is solid, light, and carries enough to get through a weekend if need be.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I pm'ed ya TeeJay

Quick Reply: For the guys that pack in all day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.