Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked... >

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

eh im not interested in buying one at the moment, just bought a new bow, and 750 is pretty steep for a 15 year old budget...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Elite makes a sweet bow, but I've got to agree with Mobow. I haven't found one thats a smooth draw. Unless the completely redesigned the cam on the GTO, I can't see it being much smoother than the Synergy or Aigil.

Maybe your preference for them makes them draw a bit smoother for you...? [&:]
Old 01-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the nice review.

I have an Elite Fire on the way...I'll post pics when I get it. I originally intended to get a GTO also. With my short draw length of 27.5", I'll reportedly get just as much out of the Fire with a smoother draw to boot. Here is the Fire in red...I will be getting one in black.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder what they changed from the Envy to this bow? The envy we had in the shop didn't come close to the advertised speed, and was MUCH stiffer and harsh than the Airbornes I've shot. I really be curious to draw one myself. Probably won't happen anytime soon though, we were so unimpressed with their bows that we actually boxed up our last 4 bows from our last order to send back to them. I do have to say they were gracious enough to buy them back from us though, that wasa nice gesture of them.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those guys that have the Bowtech Binaries. If you like that cam and think that they are smooth. These will be like butter.

The new cam configuration is STIFF but it's not harsh at all. It's a very "smooth" pull at all. "Smooth" is probably a relative term. To some it means an "easy" draw, to some it means "smooth" as in the draw cycle. This has a smooth draw cycle, and it's just "stiff". You guys will just have to shoot one. It for some reason is smoother than the Aigil and the Synergy XT. It's ALOT nicer on the draw than the K8 cams.

They are pretty light too.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I wonder what they changed from the Envy to this bow? The envy we had in the shop didn't come close to the advertised speed, and was MUCH stiffer and harsh than the Airbornes I've shot. I really be curious to draw one myself. Probably won't happen anytime soon though, we were so unimpressed with their bows that we actually boxed up our last 4 bows from our last order to send back to them. I do have to say they were gracious enough to buy them back from us though, that wasa nice gesture of them.

Seriously, Matt.

The last years, and previous years cams (the K8's) cycle ALOT different than the new ones. The K8 felt IDENTICAL to the Binaries to me.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM

Nice write up.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, if there's an '08 bow that I'd really love to have, it's this one. Probably not the most popular statement to make - on a bowtech site...butit's no secretthat I've never been one for sugar coating my opinions. Those speed #'s have me salivating,and I know I could shoot a light arrow off of it, b/c it's built with the same components as my Iron Mace. I really trust those Barnsdale limbs.

BTW Matt - I asked around and beat the bushes - sounds like Elite is sticking with the 5gpp warranty for at least one more year. Not that I would let that stop me... LOL

I can't believe that more people aren'tdrooling overthis bow. IMO it's the cream of this year's crop.

What a sexy, sexy thing.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

BTW Matt - I asked around and beat the bushes - sounds like Elite is sticking with the 5gpp warranty for at least one more year. Not that I would let that stop me... LOL

Yeah I found that out aswell. I also wouldn't hesitate to shoot a light arrow out of it either. It's built like a tank. Also, how would they know it was shooting too light of arrows? There's no way to tell, I mean honestly. If the dealer calls and tells them something is broken. The company will fix it, no problem.

ORIGINAL: quicksilver

I can't believe that more people aren'tdrooling overthis bow. IMO it's the cream of this year's crop.

What a sexy, sexy thing.

There are ALOT of people drooling about this bow. There's alot over on AT.

I think it's EASILY top 3 for the year.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

My problem with some of the new bows like the Elite GTO is its either shoot 80% letoff or try to adjust the cam rotation using the draw stop until you achieve nearly the letoff you want.By doing so you affect the draw unless you order a longer draw or install a longer draw module. I still prefer 65% to 70 something% letoff on my bow. But thats just me.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.