Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked... >

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

I find this quote funny only because it comes from a guy who shoots a bow from a company with a Nascar sponsored vehicle and invovlement in PBR sponsoring.How much do you think that costs Bowtech? The big boys all got big by making lots of money. We live in a a capitalist country so I'm not going to begrudge them that.
Dont much care what you find funny, Bry.....you know it's the truth.

You can't sling a dead cat without hitting a Mathews marketer.......and the money they must spend oufitting and paying the "Pro" hunters must be astronomical. How many big name guys are endorsing Mathews? Shoud we start a thread naming them? Not sure there's enough bandwidth
Old 01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Plus....there's one bow company (ahemmm)....that must spend $300/bow on advertising!
If I were forced to buy a bow tomorrow and had to choose between the Bowtech 82nd Airborne and the GTO (picked these two because of similar performance specs) I would go with the Bowtech because I know the company and know what to expect.

Would you make that decision after shooting the two, or just make it solely on Bowtech, being the more stable company.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I find this quote funny only because it comes from a guy who shoots a bow from a company with a Nascar sponsored vehicle and invovlement in PBR sponsoring.How much do you think that costs Bowtech? The big boys all got big by making lots of money. We live in a a capitalist country so I'm not going to begrudge them that.
Dont much care what you find funny, Bry.....you know it's the truth.

You can't sling a dead cat without hitting a Mathews marketer.......and the money they must spend oufitting and paying the "Pro" hunters must be astronomical. How many big name guys are endorsing Mathews? Shoud we start a thread naming them? Not sure there's enough bandwidth
No argument on that Jeff, Mathews is without a doubt marketingwhores. Bowtech spends their money too. In the end the consumer pays for all of it. I just don't hold it against any of the companies, that's all.

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

[blockquote]quote:

Plus....there's one bow company (ahemmm)....that must spend $300/bow on advertising!
[/blockquote]
If I were forced to buy a bow tomorrow and had to choose between the Bowtech 82nd Airborne and the GTO (picked these two because of similar performance specs) I would go with the Bowtech because I know the company and know what to expect.
[/blockquote]

Would you make that decision after shooting the two, or just make it solely on Bowtech, being the more stable company.
That would be based on Bowtech being the more stable company. I think Elite makes some of the best bows on the market, and Kevin has made some significant efforts to undo the initial mistakes he made early on, but there is still uncertainty with Elite. Call me old fashioned, but I like that warm fuzzy. I'd rather drive a Toyota over a Scion too.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Scott- you're seeing the wrong lawyers bro. Most of them provide a free consultation, but when they start drafting and filing things - that's where you run into the $$. You've gotta bargain shop, just like anything else.
LOL
Fran there are plenty of inocent people in Jail who bargain shopped

Plenty of gulity people who are free that could hire their way out of jail

I like this bow
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Germ - if you didn't like the draw on the Mace - you might not like the GTO. I haven't tried it, but I read somewhere that the force/draw was similar. One of those things to try before you buy. Speaking of trying things, I just got back from a full 60 minutes of hockey, and I think some guy tried to gut me with a hockey stick. I'm old and getting beat up... Knees hurt, head hurts, ribs hurt, lip swollen, and my groin is on fire (not in a good way). Bad scene here, buddy... I'm gonna have an ice cold glass of Geritol and head to bed.

TFox - I found6061 pre-fab aluminum billetfor $18/foot...and that's CNC ready from AMERICAN suppliers - per piece - low/no volume...$2/lb for6061 ingot bulkF.O.B. China. If I spoke Chinese, or felt like emailing somebody to prove you even more wrong, I could find it even cheaper. I won't get intotrying to explaineconomies of scale with you - that would be like sucking my own brain out of my head with a coffee stirrer. So I concede:Jesusshoots aHoyt.Mohammad shot a hoyt. So did Gandhi and Chuck Norris and Rambo. Those poor souls at Hoyt/Eastonare lucky to ever make a dollar. If they don't raise the prices some more soon, they'll be on the street corner drinking Night Trainby the end of the week - we should maybe start a donation drive.LOL

Back on topic: Y'all seem to put a lot of creed in companies that are "established." Why? Do you guys need service that often? I just ask, b/c in 15 years, I've never once had to use my warranty for anything... Is that not the norm?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not about Hoyt being better,I never made that statement,it was about you blaming them for causing the prices to sky rocket.Which is bs and you know it.Atleast I hope you do.

$18 a foot,what size is that.Believe it or not,size does matter.

My experience with chinese materials is that it is junk and I really doubt any bow manufactuer would use it,atleast I hope they don't.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually,Rambo did shoot a Hoyt.

Sorry,i couldn't resist that one.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Fran. When you shoot the GTO you will realize that the GTO's draw cycle isn't like your Mace. I honestly can't describe this bow and give it all the credit it deserves. Shoot one ASAP, that's all I can say.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Again.I agree the prices are getting out of hand but it isn't Hoyt's fault,it is the consumers right now.They are demanding bigger, better and fasterdesigns each year(thread about this right now) and are willing to pay.Supply and demand,the demand is there and people are willing to pay so it is a matter of the supply.

Fran maybe you missed this part of my response.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt - I'd love to shoot one, but the fact is, it still wouldn't go as fast as mine. LOL None of the dealers around here would ever push the bounds of normalcy and order anything that would rock the boat. In beautiful southwestern PA, everyone is just a mindless sheep that buys whatever bowtech, hoyt or mathews putsout. Sight unseen. They don't care. They don't know what it's called, they don't know anything about it - they just know that they want one. And they'll refinance the house-trailer to get it.

I'm convinced that if Mathews or Hoytmade a bow called the "Flying Turd" that was actually molded out of shoe-shined human poop (MSRP $2199.99)- these idiots would be lined up to buy it with credit cards in-hand.

Better chance of being struck by lightning than actually ever seeing an Elite bow in any of our localshops.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.