Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's makes a Pro Hunter >

What's makes a Pro Hunter

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's makes a Pro Hunter

Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's makes a Pro Hunter

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

what the hell makes them so Pro?!

Money and good outfitters.

Some "Pro" hunters are AMZING hunters though. Cameron Haynes is a good example of a GREAT hunter.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Most of the time they are "pro" staff members.... in other words, PROmotional staff members....somemay actually get"paid", most just get the hunts paid for in order to push a certain product...

I doubt any of these guys are getting rich....
Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

Sponsers.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

I agree. Pro is someone who gets paid for it
Old 01-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

I bet the majority of people on this forum can make the shots I see them make on t.v. if they had the same opportunities (not like they're hard) so why are you not pro? I'm guessing it is because you have a normal job, are part of the middle class and a family you need to take care of.

I could shoot my bow drunk better than some of the so called "pros" I watched on the Outdoor Channel this past weekend did sober. On Lee and Tiffany's show he shot a buck high on the back above the left shoulder and called it a good shot, the shot she made in the next clip wasn't much better. The real clincher for me was when they were getting ready to go out and set up "one more stand", he claims they set up at least 200 stands annually(), watching somebody sort through a stack of what appeared to be around 40+ pop-up blinds that you know they got for free turned my stomach. They were all in boxes stacked up like pizzas. [:'(]
Old 01-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob makes a good point. Technically, if they are getting paid, they are "pros", but we all know there are a lot of guys (and gals) out there doing it better.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If someone is getting paid to hunt, they’re a professional. Sure there may be better hunters, and there always will be, but at that moment, they’re professionals.

If you look up an electrician in the phone book to do some work at your place and call him out. While he’s at your house working, he’s a professional. He’s getting paid to perform a service, and it is understood that he has enough knowledge to do so.

If you’re better, go get paid to hunt. Don’t just sit around and talk about it; that’s the easy part.

Also, keep in mind that many have said, and in my experience it is true; “the best way to ruin a good hobby, is to start getting paid for it.”

Since there is probably a really long line of hunters waiting to take the place of the hunter on camera, I’d find it hard to believe that they’re making a lot of money. The money is probably in the products the cable contracts. I doubt it makes it down to the guy holding the weapon.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM

"If you're better, go get paid to hunt".

I have a real job that pays bills. Also, I know what a professional means. My point is similiar to what kevin1 was saying. Some of these guys get driven to their heated blind with coffee brewing and wait while 30 people push the game towards them. Alright, that's getting a little carried away but you get my point.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

The problem with being a pro is that now it becomes your job. The celebrities on TV are just one example of a pro hunter. I consider a guide to be a pro also. He doesn't get to hunt much during the season cuz he's busy with clients.
A ski instructor is a professional skier, it could be a great powder day but he needs to teach a client, same with a ski patrolman, he's not free to ski anywhere he wants to.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

The problem with being a pro is that now it becomes your job. The celebrities on TV are just one example of a pro hunter. I consider a guide to be a pro also. He doesn't get to hunt much during the season cuz he's busy with clients.
A ski instructor is a professional skier, it could be a great powder day but he needs to teach a client, same with a ski patrolman, he's not free to ski anywhere he wants to.
Right on

Quick Reply: What's makes a Pro Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.