Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Questions from non-hunters at work.. >

Questions from non-hunters at work..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Questions from non-hunters at work..

Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Questions from non-hunters at work..

"A hard-working woman goes out and spends god knows how many dollars to get herselfan education - then she gets a job to support herself... Then she comes to work and gets toput up with this trailerpark crap? Just not something that I would condone..."

Not to stir the pot here but in the world we live in today maybe Newhunteris tired of a not so hard working individual getting a free education at the expense of a hard working individual, gets a job because of the color of their skin, religous beliefs, or gender,over someone who was more qualified, and basically helps erode the american way of life. 2 sides to every story. Maybe hewas the guy who didn't get the job. How would you feel?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: loogout1

"A hard-working woman goes out and spends god knows how many dollars to get herselfan education - then she gets a job to support herself... Then she comes to work and gets toput up with this trailerpark crap? Just not something that I would condone..."

Not to stir the pot here but in the world we live in today maybe Newhunteris tired of a not so hard working individual getting a free education at the expense of a hard working individual, gets a job because of the color of their skin over someone who was more qualified, and basically helps erode the american way of life. 2 sides to every story. Maybe hewas the guy who didn't get the job. How would you feel?
Are you... serious?

We went from a hunter pissing offsomeone he disliked to a racial thing? Are you kidding me?

Cabin fever hit HNI hard this winter.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I guess you've never seen this situation happen first hand or to someone you know. No cabin fever here, I'm still hunting. Just living in the real world. And I should edit that post 'cause it doesn't have to be skin color only, it could be religous beliefs or gender also. Aquestion to you would be, if I had only said gender first, would you have been so quick to judge? You dont have to answer me, answer yourself.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

There I made it so it doesn't single anyone out and is more PC. Are we ok now?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I guess you've never seen this situation happen first hand or to someone you know. No cabin fever here, I'm still hunting. Just living in the real world. And I should edit that post 'cause it doesn't have to be skin color only, it could be religous beliefs or gender also.
Not in that particular way, but;

My former employer hired a guy to work in the same department as I had been working for the past ten months. He is strictly a traditional shooter and knows very little about compound bows. He can shoot them, but has difficulty setting them up, tuning them, installing strings/cables, etc. On top of that, he knew very little about sales and had several customers ask for another employee's help in making their decision.

He was there three weeks when I was called into my manager's office an hour into my shift. I was informed that the corporate office was saying that the store needed to make some cut-backs and I was being laid off.

The differences between myself and the other employee;

I'm 19, he's 30-something.
I have only myself to support, he has a family.
I had been there ten months, he was there three weeks.

Tell me, was that necessarily fair? Not really, but its understandable. I was laid off bbecause it would be easier for me to find a new job and I could probably keep myself affloat on unemployment until something else came along. The fact that I was a good salesman and new our products extremely well didn't matter.

Again, not the exact same situation, but I can dig it. What I can't understand, however, is why someone would disrespect someone else by doing the things mentioned in this thread simply based on skin color, religious beliefs, etc. Maybe its just how I was raised.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

I in no way meant to convey that I thought it was ok to disrespect anyone or wreck someones private property, because its not. Try this on for size though. Fast forward 15 years, the same job situation happens to you then. You're 35, wife , kids, mortgage, and someone takes your job so the company canmeet a imposed quota. Would it be understandable to you then? Not meant to single you out, just making a point.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread...Questions from non-hunters at work!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Funny how that just happens sometimes.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

thats funny
Old 01-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

You would think teachers would be smart right? well, I had more than one teacher ask me if this deer was dead when I took the pic!!! Wow!! I told them no, but he put up a fight while I was on his back!!
Heeeere's your sign...

Quick Reply: Questions from non-hunters at work..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.