Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Topo

I just bought a software program put by National Geographic. It covers 3 states, they're broken up into 8 cd's. I got a say that I'm very pleased with these. If you want to hunt a state, these will work very well. Roads, gps compatable, elavations, build and save your own. It's got whatI need. They even sell map paper and it appears that you can build and get them to print larger ones up.

Might be something better out there, couldn't say, but you can learn a great deal about your state you never knew and with these, you can get there.

I got mine from offroute.com
Old 01-16-2008, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Topo

Sound great glad you liked it.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

About 79 bucks for topo's of 3 states plus all the information that goes with it. Would cost thousands if you bought them individualy.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ehh ill stick with google earth and normal topos
Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been there, done that. Check it out.

http://www.offroute.com/search/search.asp?search=C00008
Old 01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i like google earth myself. Great for what i use it for
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been looking around on it, thing is sweet. Has a feature where you can search for places by name and description. In a second it pops up windows with the location in several different maps.

Just built a profile of an area I hunt. Really helps a guy understand just what those squiggle lines are all about. You just point and click, move to the other end of where you want to be, click build profile and there it is, split screen with the topo. Move the mouse across it the gps coordinates are right at the bottom and the topo tells you were you are. If I can figure out how to build a route and place it into the gps It will be a big help.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

not topo but

http://maps.live.com/

is great
Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

national map viewer is also good...
Old 01-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just went to their (NG) site. There's an area where you can add your own personal info and share it with others. Someone hiked through an area I'd like to hunt, supplied several photos and way points, detailed. Download it and it puts it on the map. I've heard the place was rough and not going alone recommended, I can see why. Pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Topo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.