HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What did I just do??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/227268-what-did-i-just-do.html)

BobCo19-65 01-15-2008 01:50 PM

RE: What did I just do???

For most hunting situations, speed means nothing, it's just human nature to want.
Human nature???

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-15-2008 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

For most hunting situations, speed means nothing, it's just human nature to want.
Human nature???
human nature
Main Entry: human nature Function:noun Date:1594 :the nature of humans; especially :the fundamental dispositions and traits of humans

[8D] :D
[/align] [/align]

The short answer to the definition of human nature is it is the sum of qualities and traits shared by all humans.;)

To want more speed.

quiksilver 01-15-2008 02:13 PM

Speed Envy-spid en[/b]-vee - (Noun)a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to the performance of another archer's bow, specifically the rapidity in movement, or swiftness in arrow travel; often denotesone's longing to possessarrow speedsachieved by another. USAGE: Don't mind him, he's got a bad case of speed envy.

BobCo19-65 01-15-2008 02:19 PM

Rob:

Thanks for the definition.

So your example is a trait shared by all humans. Even non-archers. Learn something new everyday I guess.

BobCo19-65 01-15-2008 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Speed Envy-spid en[/b]-vee - (Noun)a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to the performance of another archer's bow, specifically the rapidity in movement, or swiftness in arrow travel; often denotesone's longing to possessarrow speedsachieved by another. USAGE: Don't mind him, he's got a bad case of speed envy.

You're a funny guy Sully.......:D

Hunter Dan7 01-15-2008 02:34 PM

At a local bow shop they chronoed a 82nd with a 61lb draw with easton340 and 100 grain field tip at 29 inch draw at 348 fps. thats 72 feet faster than my Mathews outback. and yeah i have to have one now too. he even said that thats with the smooth mod in instead of the fast.

Jasonlester 01-15-2008 02:48 PM

I find it interesting that KE is brought up to explain the need for speed. Realisticaly it has always been more about not needing to know the difference between 12yards and 15, 18, 22... etc. Flatter shooting the less guess work when shooting.

KE is not only effected by speed of an arrow but also by weight of an arrow. A heavier arrow traveling slower can have the same KE as a light arrow traveling faster. I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just saying if your in fact after KE speed is not the only factor.

To me I like a heavier arrow. These bows with an arrow on the heavy side should still produce good speed and have a ton of energy with the arrow. I'd just like to see someone that shoots more weight than the (usualy minimal weight) carbon super light etc....

Just my 2 cents. But speed isn't everything to me. That being siad.....DANG THATS FAST!

HuntingBry 01-15-2008 03:16 PM

Well, I was apprehensive when I saw the numbers on the 82nd as to what the draw cycle would be like. As luck would have it, my shop had a lefty in stock and I drew it. The draw was surprising for such a fast bow. It builds steadily to the peak and holds the stack for a bit and then drops to the valley. I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't want to have to draw it after sitting for 4 hours in the cold, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

If you like speed bows, it is a good one.

LKNCHOPPERS 01-15-2008 03:25 PM

To each their own, I like the speed but I do not go to a point where it makes my setup unstable or inconsistant. I like a lot of penetration so KE is important. With those new bows I look at it as free speed(still pulling 70# but gaining 30 or 40 fps), you just have to pay for the bow so it's not all free. Good luck with it. What proshop do you go to up there in Weschester, I used to live in Dutchess County.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-15-2008 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Rob:

Thanks for the definition.

So your example is a trait shared by all humans. Even non-archers. Learn something new everyday I guess.
Nitpicking aren't we Bob or is there an issue?