Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HNI Hunting Swap >

HNI Hunting Swap

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HNI Hunting Swap

Old 01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default HNI Hunting Swap

Alright folks, y'all remember I rana contest for S & G's for a hunt here in Iowa and Vikesfan353 won. He's coming to the back country of Iowa this year for the first week in November to hunt white tails. I thought about it some more and the people on this forum seem to be a good bunch, so I want to promote more hunters getting together and meeting some others that they normally would not. So here is my thought....

I will let someone else hunt the second week in November this year if that person offers to help someone else (they currently have not met & not from their state) on a hunt. Here in Iowa it would be pretty much be limited to turkey or deer, but there are quite a few other game animals out there to be hunted by bow.

How I think it would go is - I let someone hunt deer here and they in turn take someone elk hunting in their state. That person takes someone else bear hunting. That person takes someone wild boar hunting. While that all goes on, people who often converse on here get to meet and oh crap, your Christmas card list just grew by one! Tags, transportation, and boarding would be at the expense of the person hunting each time, not the "guide".

To protect this and limit it to those who really want to do some good and make new friends, hopefully there is an attorney out there who can write up a contract w/penalty if someone takes advantage of this and fails to follow up on their end to prevent someone getting without giving.

To be eligible for this Swap, all you have to do is post that you are interested in deer hunting here the 2nd week of November and what hunt you are willing to help with in your own state. OnApril 1st, since application date is May 5th, I would do a random draw for the hunter to be picked to hunt here.

If for any reason the administrators of this forum find this idea in bad taste or not legal for any reason, please let me know and I will withdraw this offer.

Any takers?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HNI Hunting Swap

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

That person takes someone else beer hunting.

Any takers?
Im in!

Oh wait, must be a misunderstanding....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

That person takes someone else beer hunting.

Any takers?
Im in!

Oh wait, must be a misunderstanding....
I guess that's why I am not employed as a copy reader. Got me, but I got it corrected to "bear" hunting. Of course, if someone really wanted to go stalking the wiley wild Heiniken, I guess it could be arranged.

"Honey, I'm going to Alaska to hunt to hunt Heiniken."
"What? you can't get a beer here?"
"You don't understand, it's the wild Alaskan version that can't be found anywhere else!"
"Oh, in that case, have a good time."
Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 PM

I guess I would be interested in this,,,, I mean it IS a chance to bowhunt whitetails in Iowa,,, but what about tags?? Im pretty sure I cant get an out of state tag there my first year applying.... Im in Missouri, and have 250 family owned acres,, along with several hundred more bordering I have access to. Along with a lease, and lots of public land close by,, I could offer some spring turkey hunting,, or possibly bowhunting or rifle hunting whitetails here in Missouri. Id like to know more on the details and "small print"lol about this,, but count me in.. Angus.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, one interested, anyone else????

Are there that many out there content just to hunt at home and not get out and experience something new???

As far as the fine print goes, I'd say if youcouldn't get a tag the first year, the offer stays open until you get one or I kick the bucket (which I am hoping is a long time from now!).

Also, you still have to pay it back by taking someone from another state down there. Failure to do so would need to result in some kind of penalty to be paid either to the person taking you hunting or maybe a charity could be picked by the administrators of this sight for the fines to go to. But hopefully, there is enough integrity here that there would not be any penalties imposed.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:43 AM

Mr Java and I would LOVE to join in on this; but, ya'll wouldlaugh at what we call a nice deer in Southern N.J.

But, if you are in it for the "hunt" ... We're in.. I have pics of a couple deer, from our property and surrounding, from this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/javabird17/020_201.jpg?t=1200416323

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/javabird17/18_18-1.jpg?t=1200416534
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm in AF..tell ya what in exchange for a no expense paidhunt at your place

You can come to Beautiful North East Ohio (the big bucks are in South Central Ohio) and Hunt for a piece of land that I can obtain permission to hunt on. This land must hold the big Brute that everyone else [:-]is tripping over in Ohio. The good news is, permission season, starts soon and runs through the middle of September. But if you wait too long you'll just be told over and over again..sorry I have too many hunters already!

Come on sign up soon!!! In Northeast Ohio we basically have the Genetics and same food and soil as Pennsylvannia but since the deer are on the Ohio Side of the line, they are just naturally bigger and more bountiful!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

I've been looking into getting an Iowa bow tag, and it is not likely to happen the first year. From what I've seen, it seems to be a 3 year wait! I will apply, and send them the $10 forpreference, but it still sounds like a 3 year deal!

Iowa DNR# 1-515-281-5918. May 5th is the deadline! You, and I, will also need to know what zone AF is hunting!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My home sits in Zone 5 for Non Resident tags. Applying for tags:

Nonresidents must apply
for an any-deer license
beginning at 6 a.m. on
the
fi rst Saturday in
May through the
fi rst
Sunday in June
. Licenses
may be applied
for through the DNR’s
web-based license sales
system or by calling
1-800-367-1188. For
more information, visit
the Iowa DNR website
call 515-281-5918.

If you want a tag, I'd be sitting there with the form filled out and hit the send button at 6:00 AM (Central Time) on the first Saturday in May.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gr8, sounds like fun, but you need to get someone other than me to grab ahold of that and offer someone else a hunting experience in their area.

Chances of me ever getting out of Iowa after I retire in May are slim to none due to limited income, but thats ok, using this swap method, I'll still get to meet some good people.

Quick Reply: HNI Hunting Swap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.