Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!! >

Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

My friend bought his bow last year and it has been shoot about 1500 time and he has already had to replace the string and i have a out bact that has been shot waaaaaaaaaaaay more and i just replaced the string. Anyways he had a bowshop look at it and they said that it had a leaning cam (under Mathews warrenty still) So he took it to the Mathews dealer were he bought it and they said the same thing (leaning cam) but mathews wont replace it. Has anyone else had this problem???

Sorry, I guess that the dealer is going to call mathews tommoro and find out but if they dont replace it then this is the second time that they havent, that i Know of,one was the same problem on a switchback and the guy said that after he noticed this on his that he went and looked at all the others on the shelf and they all had diffrent cam lean.

So which is it, did the shop already look at it and call Mathews to get denied on a warranty claim (as you clearly stated in your first post),or have they not looked at it yet and/or called Mathewsbut plan to tomorrow(as you clearly stated in your second post). Again, something doesn't add up here, and now your story doesn't add up at all. Your second post says that this is the second time, but that the first time was a different bow........so I'm not following your story.

Assuming you have the whole story from your buddy and he was being truthful with you (unlikely at best), if there was a legitimate issue Mathews would take care of it. Why would they not? I have to say that it isvery poor form to publicly slam Mathews on an internet message board when your story doesn't add up, and you likely don't have the whole story, and when the pieces ofthe story you do have are all second hand.

I have never seen Mathews deny a legitimate warranty claim, and doubt they would start now with your buddy "just because". When I have an issue of some sort and call these guys, it's always taken care of ASAP with no questions asked, so if your buddy is having a problem it's either because there are parts of the story you don't have, or because the problem lies with the dealer.

I don't have a horse in this race and am not affiliated with Mathews, I just hate to see a good company publicly bashed and thrown under the bus like this.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have a horse in this race and am not affiliated with Mathews, I just hate to see a good company publicly bashed and thrown under the bus like this.
Amen Matt.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I have never seen Mathews deny a legitimate warranty claim, and doubt they would start now with your buddy "just because". When I have an issue of some sort and call these guys, it's always taken care of ASAP with no questions asked, so if your buddy is having a problem it's either because there are parts of the story you don't have, or because the problem lies with the dealer.

Yep, same here, we even had a customer run over his LX with a truck and horse trailer and completely bent the riser and cracked the bottom limb. He came to us expecting to have to pay for repairs or possibly buy a new bow. But after a call to mathews, they said that they would take care of it ALL under warranty, even though it was HIS fault. If thats not good customer service, I dont know what is.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James
Now if it was leaning due to a dry fire, etc.........they may be hesitant but would still likely replace it.
Actually, they're not hesitant at all. A couple of weeks ago, my son dry-fired my Drenalin. It destroyed the cam. I took it to the shop and they replaced the cam at no charge. It didn't matter what caused the damage. Evidently, the lifetime warranty even covers damage caused by the stupidity of others.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:08 PM

they dident replace it. it coast him 100$ at everhearts in Jefferson city Missouri, but he found out after they fixed it that if he would have took it to treestands in sedilia missouri that they would have fixed it for free.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe i would be going to sedalia from now on.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

they dident replace it. it coast him 100$ at everhearts in Jefferson city Missouri, but he found out after they fixed it that if he would have took it to treestands in sedilia missouri that they would have fixed it for free.
Sounds like a bad dealer, it wasnot Mathews at all. Go figure!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM

If your dealer want take care of it contact Mathews and i bet they will.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do you know what they charged him for? A new string and cable can add up to $100, but if they charged him that much for the repair that's not right.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking to get one next year. Hope it was a fluke

Quick Reply: Problems with Mathews Drenalin!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.