Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm buying a Mathews! pix added p3 >

I'm buying a Mathews! pix added p3

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm buying a Mathews! pix added p3

Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm buying a Mathews!

That is awesome Troy. I am super excited for my son to start shooting. Is there an age limit on hunting licenses out there? I know some states have a 12 year minimum on age.

I started hunting when I was 6 and those are still some of my best hunting memories. I know your sons will be saying the same thing some day!

Still, I hate to tell you, but I am the World's #1 Dad and I got the mug to prove itBest you can hope for is #2.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:40 PM

depends on the state, some states only require you to pass the hunters safety class, I'm takin my son to AL for his first real hunt... he'll get in there easily...
Old 01-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

WOW! Sounds like you have quite the shooter on your hands......best watch that one, dad.....He may end up shooting more bucks than his old man...... uh, yeah, right......
Mo, my brother always says, my two boys are gonna know more about bows and whitetail bucks than we both did at 30! LOL

It will be fun watching these two brothers grow up 2 years apart..

Seven.. yeah Jess is 6 gonna be 7 in April so hes pretty strong..

Tyson is 5 in June..he wont get the Genesis for a couple years... I dont know though..he may want one once he gets ahold of brothers. ...

Good Luck to yours as well! very cool.. I'll have to see how you guys like the Edge over the long haul!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

Cool Seven Mag, I will.. What ever Jess is comfortable with.. Hes about 55 lbs as well, hes been shooting since he was 3 years old.. he had a little panda bear compound..he loves archery and is definatley ready for the big boy bow! His little brother has been pulling the Panda bear bow all weekend now that its his...Tyson is 4 and is gonna be shooting that little bow now... so when you see my 3-d targetwith arrows holes in the RUMP.. it aint me!
now Shed be honest!

that is great...post up some of those pics of his groups..
Old 01-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great.Its always nice to get the young children involved.I started mine at 5yrs with the all famous trad bow,the one that fits both left and right handed being how 1 isleft handedand the other right...
Good luck and may the arrow fly streight.....
Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 PM

I deal with Jason quite a bit, or did, Troy. He's a good guy, he'll get you set up right. Glad to hear you're boy is really getting into it, bud!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

How do you feel about that bow not having a draw stop? I don't mean the stop on the cams, I mean, you can't set it for a specific draw length, right? In other words, if he's, lets say, a 22" draw, you can't set it for that, and one time may draw it 21 inches and 23 the next..... Do you think bad habits could be formed?

I'm just asking, I have very limited experience w/ it. Either way, it's freakin awesome that your son will be shooting with you!!
Mobow, It's no different the teaching some one to shoot a recurve. I have one of those bows for my girls, it's nice because they can both shoot it with out changing any thing. The other thing with young kids is you have to make it fun for them, if you try to take your kid and start them withperfect form and make it work you might lose them. This would be worst then a form issue you might have later.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's awesome Troy. Them 2 little guys are going to be some hunting machines.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get that proud grin off your face Troy. Congradulations bud, I can't wait for years to come when you son's start posting about their deer expierences.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Troy, sounds like the apple didn't fall very far from the tree. You got to be a happy dad.
I want to get another bow also, I really don't need one but I think I be getting one before the season. If I can't shoot good at least I want to look good.

Bobby

Quick Reply: I'm buying a Mathews! pix added p3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.