Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scary

Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Scary

Not sure if anyone remembers this or not... But this (yet again) goes to show you that these boards do drive archery innovation.

In this thread,Huntingbry and Iparsed out the ideaof a laser rangefinding sight that ranges the target and runs the ballistics internally, then spits out an aimpoint that is dead-on, all the time.
http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2066717&mpage=1&key=laser&#2 066717

Well, enter the Pearson Deliverance.
A new bow from Pearson called the Deliverence. It is a shoot through, but it shoots through a hole the exact size of a whisker biscuit replacement core. And you can use the whisker biscuit or it is tapped for any other sight you may wish to use. The bow is ambidextrous...all you do is move the cable guard to the other side, and change cams (no need for the dealers to stock lefty and righty bows!) Now here's the scary part...it has a built in range finder. It is activated when you draw or when you push a button, then in your sight window it activates a red dot. Once the yardage to your target is calibrated, it appears as a number at the bottom of your sight window. But it gets better...the dot it creates in the sight window moves up or down to be accurate at the distance calculated, and as your deer or target moves, the dot recalibrates so that it is always accurate. It will cost around $900, but it has the sight and rangefinder built in.

Here's a picture of the bow with the target unit installed.

...and to think... Y'all poo poo'ed our idea and said we were plum crazy. Imagine that. LMAO

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scary

Seems like they have taken an OLD design and made it better.I remember seeing a bow mounted rangfinder several years ago but it just never seemed to take off.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original: Quiksilver --Like it or not, as technology and electronic components become smaller and more readily accessible, this is the kind of stuff that we're gonna see
Good call

over the next twenty years
Bad call[8D]

Old 01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Would be illegal here in ND.

Telescopic sights, range finding devices, battery-powered or electronically lighted sights or other electronic devices attached to the bow, or the arrow, are not permitted.

Tim
Old 01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

And there you have it folks, stick that sight on your old shoulder fired Xbow cocked, locked and ready to rock, and we have again moved one step closer to seeing a combined deer season.
Some of ushave seenit comming for years, some of us cant see past the end of our nose! [:@]
Where is the line?
Old 01-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I'll be.

Fran, it looks like you and I aren't as crazy as everyone thought we were when you first brought up this idea and I said it was plausible. I really like the idea of an ambidextrous bow too being a left. Pearson comes out with some very innovative designs. I like the way they let the customers build the Stealth a few years ago. They make some fine bows, I know a few friends that have them, but they don't do much in the way of marketing.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bry - this is exactly the same design that you described a year ago. Everything down to the red dots. LOL

Old 01-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, this hunting stuff is sure going to be easy........
Old 01-14-2008, 07:33 AM

not very primative,takes alot of the instincts out of it, y not just shoot a crossbow and be done with it.?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great idea, however it would be illegal in most states,and probably illegal in all states soon. Great for target shooting at unknown distances.

Quick Reply: Scary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.