Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What did I just do??? >

What did I just do???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What did I just do???

Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default What did I just do???

Why do I do these things to myself? Even when I was dialing my pro shop earlier in the day to see if they had any Airbornes in, I knew it was a bad thing. While I was waiting for the wife to get home tonite so I could, "just take a ride" to the shop, I knew it was a bad thing. Even when I was walking in, I knew it was a bad thing. That's the last thing I remember.
Anyway, OH MY GOD! Those things are fast! Shot both the 82 and the 101. Both awesome. I have an '05 Allegiance that I chronoed tonite at 269. 27" draw, 70lbs, acc at about 386g. The 101 at exactly the same draw, lbs, and arrow was 299. The 82, same set up, 309. 309 FPS! 40fps faster than my current set up. HOLY ****!!! GOTTAHAVEIT!!
Draw was good, long pull but a nice fall off and excellent wall.
My curent back up bow is now on the market, check the classifieds.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What did I just do???

This is what I saw when I chrono'd the 82nd at my shop.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

GMMAT, whats your draw length?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

The one I shot was 29". The one I have ordered is 28.5"
Old 01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Amazing how you just change the module to adjust draw length. My place has a stack of 82s and 101s still in boxes. The bows are both just unreal. That speed at my short draw just about floored me.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gaining 40 fps....wow! If I did that over my Allegiance with my 82nd that I'm waiting on it'd be 345fps..my 06 Ally shoots 305fps. I don't expect those results however I'd be happier than all get out with around 325fps at about 65 lbs.!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The birth certificate on the one I just got said it lit up the chrono at 337 before they sent it out to me... that's at a 29" draw length.

347 IBO ain't too shabby!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

My short draw has always been a handicap for me. I thought 269 was pretty good.............................................u ntil I shot 309!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is awesome when you put numbers to it!

What is the difference when you put Deer sized game (or less) to it? I mean, just suppose that you doubled the speed of your old set-up at normal hunting range (say 30 yards ).

So now your arrow gets there in .5 a second instead of the 1 second. What does that do? Whats the advantage?

I'm being serious. The numbers are awesome but whats the gain? Help me become a speed freak.

And PS...Don't tell me how far a running deer can make it in .5 second cuz even with a speed bow I hope your not making that shot!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

GR8, more than anything it's transfered into KE. And the Airbornes have a ton to spare. For most hunting situations, speed means nothing, it's just human nature to want.

As for logout, he's jumping 40 fps, from 269, to 309 is significant in misjudging yardages. With known distances, that just means his arrow gets there a hmpth faster and a hmpth means nothing. But with faster comes KE and momentum and that's nothing but good when jumping 40 fps. What may have been a bad shoulder shot, now may result into significant penetration in compared to the older setup. I remember many a day back in the day when my KE was way down. I made a couple bad hits on the shoulder, today, my bows blast through it and nothing else really has changed except I uped my KE and momentum.

For you and I, me for example, going from the Allegiance to the 82nd I'm probably going to gain roughly 30 fps. What does that mean to me, nothing except more KE I don't necessarily need but what it can do is allow me to lower my poundage while still out performing my Allegiance with the same arrow. Same arrow, faster, flatter, more KE, less poundage. Win, win, win, win, win. LOL [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.