Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MICROBIAL BASE LAYER (GOOD/BAD) >

MICROBIAL BASE LAYER (GOOD/BAD)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MICROBIAL BASE LAYER (GOOD/BAD)

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MICROBIAL BASE LAYER (GOOD/BAD)

I have X-scent top and bottoms, found them on sale at Wal-Mart really cheap 2 seasons ago. I'm sure they;re not 100 per cent effective (nothing is) but everything you can do to "REDUCE" your odor is going to help.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I am now to the point that I will not hunt without X-scent, I am that enthused about it. I bought the thin layer of pants, shirt, and socks on clearance last winter about this time on clearance for around $25. I love it.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Throw another vote in for the silver-lined undergarments. I used Cabelas MTP with X-static for about three years now and I have been quite impressed with my ability to get close to game without being detected. I bought a second set of sliver-lined garments this year...Medalist along with silver-lined outer garments (Trail tech) and I had more close encounters (under 10 feet) on the ground than ever before. At this point I must say that I have faith in the silver-lined garments ability to retard scent production.

Now, as to not paint an entirely rosey picture of my scent control, I have been busted several times on the ground as well. One cannot totally control one's scent but Iam happy with the job that these silver-lined garments have been doing.

I would recommend them.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad you don't live in the North Dallas Texas area. The Sportsman's Warehouse in Lewisville is going out of business, and all the camo, including Medallist is 50% off lowest marked price. Tops or bottoms on what was left would be $12 per piece. I have two sets already or else I would have grabbed them.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:46 PM

I use the Bass Pro endura skin up in Canada last two bear seasons and day after dayof wearing it you can't smell it like you would a cotton shirt - heck cotton underwear would be ripe and ready to beburied. I'm a believer that it does something but I also spray down.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:03 PM

i have five sets of x scent and will not hunt without it..i wear it for two days and then switch to a fresh set.. i use it in south texas year round and it seems to be very effective..... i still hunt the wind but have stoped using cover scent...i believe it works......