Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let me see!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Default Let me see!!!

I want to see your best buck ever. Anyone who has a pic of their best buck and story, would be cool tosee and read. Don't care what the size is, just as long as it's your best.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Let me see!!!

Not much of a story. He came in one morning this past October. He came from the right and that is what I was set up for. I knew I'd see a deer from this stand. I drew when he was behind some cedars, shot him at 20 yds, he went about 75 yds falling just out of sight with an easy blood trail. I've been bowhunting for 3 years now, this is my best.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:18 AM

Here's my first buck, best buck, and story all rolled into one neat little package. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.hunting.net/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=806
Old 01-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

The above is well worth the read. Again, great job on the whole deal Mobow!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Saw him for the first time in '05.....he waltzed by me and I couldn't get a shot.

I saw him 4 times in '06....not including a few times on trail cam.....

Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

'07 trail cam photo

Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Took him 11/6/07.....after seeing him on 11/2 and 11/3

Here's my journal entry on him.....

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=810

Old 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Second deer I ever saw while hunting:

Sorry bout the gun, it was before Igot hooked by the bow.

Came in 10 minutes till last shooting light, gave me a 20 yard broadside and I made it count. I was the most excited I had ever been in my life after seeing it lying there horns in the air.....that was before my first bow kill and I would have to say, I WISH I HAD A BOW THEN!!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Saw him for the first time in '05.....he waltzed by me and I couldn't get a shot.

I saw him 4 times in '06....not including a few times on trail cam.....
I consider that a great success to an ultimate challenge when anyone can seal the deal after previous sightings!!

Here is my best, taken in 1988. Not much of a story, lots of luck, was there at the right time at the right place, and I had not seen him before. There were big, new scrapes put out a couple of days before taking him. On the day before the 2nd firearm season while walking the 1/2 mile hike to my stand, I saw two does running across the open field. A couple of minutes later as I was crossing a long but wide fencerow that separated two fields, to my right was this buck about 100 yds. away. He had his head down, obviously scent trailing. I stepped back into the brush and got down on one knee while nocking an arrow, just hoping he would continue his journey and not veer off because that would take him past me. A few minutes later here he came and started to turn slightly quartering away at 25 yds. as though he was going to go up the large wooded hillside. I found an opening and let the arrow fly with my Oneida Eagle. Hit him in the chest(passthrough) and he turned, ran and fell into the brushy fencerow, not 15 yds. from me. As a result, and flame away at this picture(we didn't know any better then):

Old 01-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

On my wall:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.