Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your thoughts.. be honest.. >

Your thoughts.. be honest..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your thoughts.. be honest..

Old 01-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Your thoughts.. be honest..

ok, so I never hunted in my entire life, I bought my bow 7 months ago and I have shot around 700 arrows per month. last month I did around1200 shots in my basement trying to retune my bow after a dryfire. ( I killed about 10 arrows and two foam targets in 6 months )
If I'm not shooting my bow, I'm reading the forums and trying to complete my posture and form, repeating my shooting cycle or I'm hangin around the shops where mostly target shooters come to try and pick up stuff.....
My girlfriend's giving my a scedule with days and hours of day where it's forbidden to even mention the word bow or hunting, let alone shoot one....

So if I go out for thefirst timeand shoot myself a big anything after freezing my butt off here in Europe, I wouldn't mind anyone being jealous, I would mind that that person couldn't handle it or show it......

Frank
Old 01-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's deer hunting.Why would anyone care about having to "put time in" before killing a book buck? This is what's killing hunting today--too much competition on putting a rack on the wall.Just hunt,don't put pressure on yourself or anyone else,don't worry about what anybody else kills and have fun doing it--it makes for a much more enjoyable season
Old 01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

I will add to my original post as long as they don't think or act as though they are now experts, its all good.

Yep I agree that location is the key. Big racked bucks will be killed where big racked bucks live and once in a while a newbie gets lucky.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 PM

What is wrong with you? who cares if a rookie takes a p&y everytime they go out. What is it with you and these questions you ask on this website. weirdo.I cant belive I hunt with you.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my example:

This year my best friend (first year bow hunting) got on a lease with me. He shot a buck with his bow (1st deer with a bow) that scored 117 3/8. I have never shot a buck with my bow.
x2 (exact same thing except his older brother; buck scored 100")

My father (who I took down to the same lease as a guest) shot his first deer (doe) with a bow (1st year bow hunting). I hunted different property's for 10 years with a bow before I got my first doe with a bow.

Am I angry or jealous at either of them. No, I amjust as happy and asproud of all of them as I was the day I shot my first one with a bow.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've set up allot of friends and family in some of the best bear hunting set ups one could ask for. I knew I had monster bear hitting some of the baits but I choose to set them up 1st before myself being i've already got a brute of a bear already with the bow. On 2 different occasions it worked out to where they got 2 Pope And Young bear, they were proud but I think I was just as proud cause I made it happen and I felt good about it! I know of a few hunters around my area that in no way are by any means good deer hunters, they really don't have a clue on what there doing. Some people just have that horse shoe shoved way up there! Some of us don't! Thats hunting i guess!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM

If I told a guy were a big buck was and I had put the time and effort into it, on public land, and he came in never hunted before and killed the big buck. I would be mad because that was my deer that I found on public land.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Team Va, your kicked out of the club and everywhere.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 PM

I don't mean jealousy or anger as much as just feeling that some people may not realize what they have done when they kill a big buck. Those who have hunted for many years very hard usually can understand what it means to kill a mature deer, many people that have hunted for years have killed multiple mature deer. Many have not. I don't mind if a beginner kills a big buck as long as they appreciate what God has allowed them or any of us to do. Be humble about it, no matter if you are a novice or veteran, and Im happy for ya. On the other hand, I do know guys that say every year, "I want one for the wall this year" and they hunt twice and quit b/c it's too hot in the early season. I hate that !!! Be a novice, be a veteran, but by all means, be hardcore!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Bartender

Si
ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Do any of you feel a bit disgusted, or feel some disappointment when a rookie bowhunter kills their first deer and it's a P&Y?
Not anymore.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts.. be honest..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.