Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question

Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question

Going bow hunting today at 12 andI was wondering Right now the deer are probably in their bedding area right? so what are the chances of them still feeding? we had kind of a storm last night and its cloudy right now so what do yall think good chance to kill something or waste of time?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question

Is hunting ever a waste of time? I guess it depends on how your priorities are layed out....
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Im not saying that its a waste of timeim saying like im driving two hours to get there so like wasting my gas and save for another time or go? is it a good time to hunt?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, anytime is a good time. There is a northern blowing threw North East Texas right now, should be hitting you guys pretty quick. I would get in there.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

like right now its blowing like crazy out side feels like a tornado is coming, is it good to hunt with wind?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as it is in your favor
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

all right that settles it im going!, Thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Deer feed throughout the day, most of the day they stick close to their bedding area. In the evenings they might move a little farther out to feed during the night, but if you try to stick close to where they are bedded you probably stand a good chance of seeing movement. As far as the wind, if it's dangerous or miserable, why bother.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem, good luck. And be looking hard when the wind dies down if your hunting the edge of a pasture, thats when they will move. It will be a lot calmer in the woods so look to get in there if the wind is right for you.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

With wind? Sure, if it works in your favor. A tornado, however, is an entirely different subject. I suggest you hunt waterfowl if you want something flying through the air!

Quick Reply: Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.