Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The last hoorah for Illinois bow season >

The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

I have to work today and then leave town for work to go to the ATA show on Wednesday . I will be back from the ATA Show on Saturday and I'm gonna keep going out for one last Doe
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am officially done for the year. I had a great time, saw a lot of deer, shot a lot of deer, and overall consider my 2007 bowhunting season to be a success. With that said, I'm not concerned about hunting it out to the end. When I'm done, I'm done. And at this point I am mentally checked out. All my gear is getting packed up this week, stands are coming down, and soon I'll be focusing on finding new ground for 2008, and looking for sheds.

I commend those of you who are sticking it out until the very end. You are better men (and women) than I.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

With this pour down rain we are getting this morning I guess I will have to wait a day or two before getting back out, I am tired of treading the wet muddy fields. I'm big buck hunting only and it doesn't look good. Lots of does and not enough bucks this year where I hunt. While my son was shooting his doe Saturday, I was finding a dead 8 pt. I suspect the neighbors losing one in firearms or bow.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Heading out for one last try myself Fri-Tues. in Illinois which will be awsome no matter what for the fact that I get to hunt in January. Here in Michigan our season closes Jan 1. Still holding a buck and doe tag, hopefully I can use em this weekend.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

I'm pretty much done for hunting as far as archery hunting is concerned. I've got a 6 hour test this Saturday for my certification as a principal. So, I cannot spend any time out in the woods as I'm spending time at home studying for three hours a night. I may get to go out on Friday or Saturday of the late firearms season to try and connect a doe. Right now however I've got 5 deer in the freezer and one hog from my hunt in Oklahoma.

My wife told me last night that our freezer is full and that there is no more room for another deer...I told her there is always room for more deer. What I'll probably end up doing is turning all of the deer (if I get one) plus 35 lbs of meat designated for grind into sausage, brats and jerky. That would be good...if I did get a deer I would make at least 50lbs of hot jerky and send to some of my friends in Iraq for them and their units.

Paul
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Taking Friday off for the last weekend of the season. Temps supposed to be 30-40 range right before a big drop and snow.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

going all i can until the end
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are better men (and women) than I.
Justin, I think the appropriate term is "desperate"... [8D]
Old 01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

With all this rain we got I might have to put on some hip wadders. Its probably gonna feel more like duck hunting than it is deer hunting. Oh well, Ill still be out there. My buddy and his wife, my dad and my wife and I are all headed down to my place this weekend. Surely one of use will stick one.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Gotta love this weather. Down to zero last week. 65 degrees on Sunday. Violent thunderstorms yesterday. Now... it's snowing. [:-]

Quick Reply: The last hoorah for Illinois bow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.