Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
why do you bow hunt? >

why do you bow hunt?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why do you bow hunt?

Old 01-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: why do you bow hunt?

FOR ME IT'S THE BEING OUT BY MYSELF ENJOYING NATURE--PEACE & QUIET!ALSO TRYING TO BEAT DEER ON THEIR TERMS--WITH A BOW--FOR ME THAT'S A BIG CHALLENGE.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Plain, pure and simple. The reason I started bow hunting is to extend my hunting season. I love to hunt for so many reasons I can not even begin to put them down. I hunt in any way I can that is legal and bow hunting doubles the amount of time I am in the woods. I look forward to my first bow kill, I know I will be far more excited about my first bow kill than any other kill I have ever had with a gun, do not get me wrong, gun hunting is still a challenge, but with a gun, the deer only have to make a minor mistake in judgement to be mine, with a bow I have to do it all almost perfect, it is not a mistake on the deers part, but hunting close to perfection on my part.

The Tazman
Old 01-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started bowhunting 45 years ago. When I first started it was the challenge of taking an animal. After a few kills it became the challenge of outsmarting (getting close enough for the shot) what I was hunting whether I took the shot or not. Now-it is the pleasure & solitude & peace the animals & woods brings to me weather I take a shot or not-I video a lot now.
I bowhunt because it's the greatest high anyone could have....

always thankful
Old 01-22-2002, 06:13 AM

I started off just wanting more season in the woods. After picking up my Martin and shooting for the first time, I was totally addicted. I practiced all last year(to the annoyance of the wife). I used my bow almost exclusively this year. The only reason I brought out the gun(twice) was because I hadn't gotten one and I wanted some meat. The challenge is incredible. The proximity is thrilling.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-22-2002, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

I've only bowhunted deer, never owned a rifle, never will. I'm going traditional next year. Bowhunting is absolutely incredible! Previous posts have said it all.
Old 01-22-2002, 09:13 AM

Being able to count the eyelash hairs is a rush that I have not been able to get with a gun in my hands. (I do like getting close to animals.) The quietness of the woods just before day breaks, the passing of the shadows throughout the day and colors of the woods during the change of seasons are all good reasons. Hunting with a bow forces you to be a better hunter and that is something that we should all strive for.

BulletBob456
Old 01-22-2002, 09:26 AM

Because most girls don't. I enjoy being different. I enjoy the feeling of peace I get when I enter the woods. The rush of respect for nature. The bigger picture that I only had a glimpse of before I picked up a bow. For all of the things I have learned that other people will never understand. Because I had no real focus in my life before I saw that first deer from my treestand. The hunt. The sheer thrill of the hunt that changes every day. So many variables! It has brought my husband and I closer together and has given me something that I am proud to pass along to my daughter.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:37 AM

To improve on every aspect of hunting.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

It's the challenge of being able to outwit one of natures most cunning and smartest animals to walk this earth. The Whitetail Deer. When you get a deer with a bow, you have earned it through hours of scouting and practice. There are so many things that can go wrong during a bow-hunt but when all goes right and the end result is dragging a deer out of the woods that you have taken one on one, there is no other feeling like it in the world. Bow-4-It!!!