HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Your equipment era? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/225617-your-equipment-era.html)

rybohunter 01-04-2008 09:42 AM

Your equipment era?

What equipment era was your first hunting bow?

recurve/longbow

compound(but shot fingers & aluminums)

Compound (shooting a release and/or carbons)

Edit:
Made it a poll. 1st time I've ever made a poll in 6+ years on this board

Also should add. Mine was a recurve for my 1st 2 seasons.

Jim_IV 01-04-2008 09:43 AM

RE: Your equipment era?

Compound (shooting a release and/or carbons)

You ought to make this a poll rybo

nchawkeye 01-04-2008 09:45 AM

Bear 45 pound recurve from about 1968 until 1975...

Bear Whitetail compound from 1975 until about 1995...

Mountaineer compound from about 1995 until present...Still shoot fingers, still shoot aluminum arrows...

TeeJay 01-04-2008 09:48 AM

She was a doosy, dont even remember a brand. American Archery or something like that. No peep, 5 pins (5,10,15,20,25 yds), finger shooter and yes alluminum arrows. Boy when I got that Bear Whitetail I was Someone.

rem 700 01-04-2008 10:33 AM

I had a recurve...I never did catch on bowhunting and went the muzzleloader and centerfire rifle route. Now I'm trying it again but with some more technology on my side :DI think I'll put it to the test in about 9 months :)

mobow 01-04-2008 10:41 AM

My first bow was a Bear Whitetail Hunter when I was 12. The bow was taller than I was, and I shot Easton Gamegetter 2018's off of it. I was only pulling maybe 40 pounds, so they were lollypops down range. I shot fingers, but had the No Glove on my string. Remember those? the rubber deals that slid over your string to protect your fingers...? Yeah, swell.

quiksilver 01-04-2008 10:52 AM

Mobow -those NoGlove thingies: I just put a set on my new recurve b/c I used them back in the day on my old recurve and Whitetail bow. Believe it or not - they still sell them at Cabelas.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-04-2008 11:13 AM

I started with a fiberglass recurve at 12 years old and shouldn't have been hunting but I was trying my hardest. I'm glad I never hit a deer. At 15 I got a Bear Black Bear II that I shot fingers off a plastic glued on rest and no sights for many years. I finally put sights on it around the age of 18/19 and killed ONE doe with it in my early 20's but missed many. In my early 20's I got a Jennings Carbon XTreme XLR and my first release. Now that I'm 41 I have almost 30 seasons under my belt and countless bows. Times have changed and so has equipment. Will I ever return like Matt / PA has gotten bitten, I doubt it but it's not out of the question.

BowHuntingFool 01-04-2008 11:16 AM

Compound, Aluminum arrows with fingers! My first bow was a Darton, I still have it!

bhunter50 01-04-2008 11:18 AM

first bow was a jennings micro carbon extreme, shooting aluminums with fingers! won't forget that bow!