Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What hasn't happened to you yet? >

What hasn't happened to you yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What hasn't happened to you yet?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What hasn't happened to you yet?

Never seen a mountain lion/cougar/black panther.
Heard we are over run with them though
Never fallen from a stand - and am taking more steps every year to keep this record.
Never seen a coyote bowhunting.
Never sat all day - going to change in 08.

Steve
Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never seen a piebald or albino deer in the wild.
Never heard the buck growl![8D]
Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

To have a mature big buck that I get pictures of walking my way with plenty of shooting light left! Sooner or later it will happen but every year I settle for less late in the season I see the bucks either to late or out of range![:@]

Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never heard one Growl
Never hunted Iowa
Never Hunted Elk, mule deer or fast goat
Never killed a deer with a gun

Never danced with the devil by the pal moon light

Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Never seen a mountain lion/cougar/black panther.
Heard we are over run with them though

Never fallen from a stand - and am taking more steps every year to keep this record.
Never seen a coyote bowhunting.
Never sat all day - going to change in 08.

Steve
i feel the same as you, but i just found out it supposedly can happen.

A guy i work for is also a nusiance trapper. He lives in Edmonson County one county away and he got a call about a mountain lion (in ky) so he thought it was a joke.Somebodywent over to the ladies house to find a dead dog, another with a limb torn off, and the lady had scratches on her. apparently the lion came in over the fence and when it attacked the dogs the dumb*** lady ran outside and tried to beat it off with a baseball bat. after doing some more inverstigating he found out about a guy who was supposedly raising a pair of them behind his house, but recently turned em loose for fear of being caught.

i still dont know whether to believe this one or not, seems EXTREMELY far fetched but this guy hasnt ever lied that i know of. i guess ill believe him when he actually catches one of these pet cougars though.

So i guess my answer is never seen a cougar while hunting.[8D]
Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reading over this I think I'm pretty fortunate. This year I shot a 150 class deer. So that takes care of some things.
Rubs and scrapes all over my hunting area. I saw a nice buck 3 years ago (Bigger than the one I shot this year) make a scrape and a rub. Had him at 12 yards just not where I could draw my selfbow.

Heard them grunt. Actually had one grunt Sunday while I had my daughter out for late muzzle loader season. He and two does came right in to us and I knew he was there. She couldn't get the saftey off or I'd post a pic.

Never seen a two bucks fight. That would be cool. I've rattled them in though.

Had a bobcat hunting me one time. I had a turkey call I used as I eased up a trail hoping to sound like a turkey instead of a human. Aparenty it worked at 20 yards he lit out of there like his tail was on fire.

Had a Coyote at 12 yards last year my last day bowhunting (Jan) Came in so fast I couldnt get ready.

Haven't see a buck mount a doe. See plenty of chasing though.

I've had deer right under my stand too. Had a young deer bed near me once. By near me I mean like 5 yards. I've had deer cross a creek with me only feet from them when they came to the other side. That was cool BTW. They didn't have a clue untill they were across.

Saw a bunch of piebald deer in VA/WV never hunitng at the time though. Saw a nice 6 point piebald. I was looking at him and almost missed the huge 10 point behind him.

OH and one of the coolest things was being about 5 feet (on the ground) from a big doe in realy cold weather.The sun wasjust coming over the trees. She had no clue I was there and never did. I could see iceonthe hairson her chin and the sun shined through the ice.Now thats close. I wish I had had a camera in my had that day.

So all and all I think I've been pretty lucky. I like getting out therefor those things. I love seeing animals act like they do when humans arent around.Somethingmost non hunters will never see.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:54 AM

never killed a deer with archery equipment
Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen alot and done alot in the 25 years of hunting. But I have never called in a buck rattling, does yes never a buck.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never yetbeen ravaged by a love-starved woodland nymph. [&o]
Old 01-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Never seen two bucks sparring
Never heard a doe grunt (Bucks yes)
Never hunted outside of Illinois
Never taken more than two deer in one season (could of, but passed up small ones)

Quick Reply: What hasn't happened to you yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.