HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   All Black bow for Hunting??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/225406-all-black-bow-hunting.html)

Red Boar 01-02-2008 05:54 PM

All Black bow for Hunting???

I've been considering an all black bow for hunting....specifically the GTO Ninja. What are your thoughts?

Cougar Mag 01-02-2008 05:58 PM

RE: All Black bow for Hunting???

I didn't vote, but I sure remember when all hunting bows were mostly black. My old Martin Cougars and Cougar Magnums were green! Of course back then lots of hunters either painted them or used the removable camo paint.

If I were to vote it would be to go with the camo:D.

Red Boar 01-02-2008 06:05 PM

Thanks, Cougar...I got into bow hunting somewhat late. My first bow was a High Country Excalibur ;)...all my hunting bows have always been camo.

bigtim6656 01-02-2008 06:32 PM

now i know wy i see so many used bows in shops. that have been painted

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I didn't vote, but I sure remember when all hunting bows were mostly black. My old Martin Cougars and Cougar Magnums were green! Of course back then lots of hunters either painted them or used the removable camo paint.

If I were to vote it would be to go with the camo:D.

lungbuster12point06 01-02-2008 06:41 PM

Sorry I miss read the post I thought you meant all black hunting CLOTHES, my bad............don't really think it would matter one way or the other.;)

psebwhntr16 01-02-2008 06:46 PM

The guys on The Wild Outdoors use all black bows, and they hunt blinds and treestands. They've done pretty good.

GTOHunter 01-02-2008 06:47 PM

Did you say GTO...? :D:D :)I love GTO's !!!!! ;)

Red Boar 01-02-2008 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

Sorry I miss read the post I thought you meant all black hunting CLOTHES, my bad............don't really think it would matter one way or the other.;)
Hunting with all black clothes...that would be Ninja-like. ;) Thanks for the responses.

Schultzy 01-02-2008 07:16 PM

An all black bow won't hurt anything unless it was high gloss paint, otherwise a bow is just that a bow, skinny limbs and a quiver. Its not a big blob. On the other hand I camo my bow just because I think it looks better and its neat looking, I don't camo it to hide it from the deer unless it was some bright color. I use oak leaves and non removable camo spray paint and make patterns on my recurve with them! Its allot of fun!

MeanV2 01-02-2008 07:19 PM

I've been thinking of a new Bowtech in all Black!;)

Dan