HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Best Target Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/22535-best-target-bow.html)

BuckmasterG2Lover 01-31-2003 06:56 AM

Best Target Bow

What is the best target bow I can buy> i have heard hoyt but my local pro shop says that they wont tune at all. I really dont want a merlin because there is no proshop anywhere within 150 miles of me. Thanks and please respond asap as i will be shooting bows this afternoon and tommorrow

Me and my G2 is all I need to succeed in life.

jim243SRC 01-31-2003 07:23 AM

RE: Best Target Bow

you may want to change pro-shops. you didn't say what kind of target bow you were looking for. PSE mach 11, supra, Mathews Conquest 3, Bow Tec Pro 40, etc. would be good spot shooting bow. Bow Tec VFT, Mathews ultra 2, Hoyt Razor Tec, High Country Brute Force all may work for you as a 3 D bow. your money buy what fits your needs the best. when a shop says you can't or you have to, that set a red flag for me.

Deleted User 01-31-2003 10:54 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

dsheally 02-01-2003 12:27 AM

For indoor I would look for one with a 9 to 10 inch brace height,
smooth draw/round wheels. Though I am not a hoyt fan, That's were
I would start looking. Bow Tech has one with a 9inch plus brace
height I think they call it the TomCat. Not sure what kind of cam
or wheel it comes with but it looks mighty forgiving.

BuckmasterG2Lover 02-01-2003 05:51 AM

I will be shooting 3-d only with this bow. I have no bowtech pro shop within 1 hr drive and no hoyt dealer within a 30-40 min drive. I want a bow with a tall brace height but have yet to find one thats REALLY long. Thanks

martinbowhunter 02-01-2003 08:08 AM

How about the hoyt protech... It has a 8-1/4 in. brace height. You can get it w/ the LX pro(46-3/4 ata), XT 3000(41 ata), or the XT 2000(38 ata) limbs. Also, you can choose between the cam & 1/2, the spiral cam & 1/2, or the accuWheel. Just a suggestion. go to the hoyt website and check it out.

hunter9022 02-01-2003 08:15 AM

Why not a Mathews Q2XL? Or, even a Conquest 2? Long risers, resonable brace heights, but your still getting speed with forgiveness. Personally, i like my legacy. But, its a little short for a tournement bow. But, the XL or Conquest are great bows. They both come in competition colors.

BuckmasterG2Lover 02-01-2003 08:47 AM

The hoyt pro tec is the one from hoyt i have been looking at, if u read my other post that is why im finicky about supporting a mean pro shop and have heard it doesnt stay in tune.

davidmil 02-01-2003 09:08 AM

Are you a fingers or release shooter? Don't overlook the Dartons.

BuckmasterG2Lover 02-01-2003 09:34 AM

Release, please respond people