Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Son and his new bow! >

Son and his new bow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Son and his new bow!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Son and his new bow!

Looks like he is getting tuned in pretty good there. I loved shooting with the boys,still do excepttheir men now.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crutch

his last couple shots @ 15 yrds

my buddy does the same thing with his targets like that
Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crutch

didn't show up in post??
Him drawing his bow!

he needs to anjust both hands
Old 01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thats awsome, I can't wait until my boys can do the same. Looks like you might have a new hunting buddy.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats awesome crutch he even has a diamond shirt future bowhunter i would think.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Crutch!!

If he is shooting well with the prong rest..... I say leave it. I know, LOL, I am one of those who pushed the hostage but, hey! If it aint broke, don't fix it..... He's shooting great and enjoying.........

Awesome Again!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Thats awesome crutch he even has a diamond shirt future bowhunter i would think.
He told me about the diamond t-shirt after I showed him the pic. That shirt came from a baseball tourney we were in last year. Thanks for all the words of encouragment.

B.R.115, I may leave it one for a while yet to see how he gets along with it. I do have a little better one I took off my bow that I may try on it also. He doesseem to be shooting pretty good with it. We will have plenty of time to tinker with differentset upsthis summer.....should be fun!

Thanks again guys!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Love to see the kids getting into it!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 AM

Crutch,

I know we PM'd back and forth a few times, I'm glad he's lovin it, that is certainly awesome!!! here's my oldest and his Edge, we've improved his form a lot since this pic was taken, pretty well fixed the backward lean, he's pullin back at 20" and we've already bumped up draw weight to 30lbs (started at 26) which we'll stay at for a while... I've gotta get a new pic of him next time we are at the range, this pic was Christmas morn.... I haven't installed the peep yet, probably next time we go to the range and we'll start dialin in his site, but for a nearly instinctive shooter he's doing quite well for a 6.5yr old... he's gonna be smokin his old man soon I'm sure... looks like you got the 08 model (realtree camo is the give away, 07's had MOBU), those in fact DO come with the hostage, my boy got the 07 with the prong, so I took the biscuit off of mine and installed it on his... at the 20yd mark he's not grouping real well yet, but he's fairly consistent at hitting the standard 5x ring target with an occasional X... what I find amazing is that even at 30lb draw he's able to shoot literally for hours... I sat and watched him fire close to 100 arrows and showed very little signs of being tired, also hasn't been sore the next day either... ah to be young again eh?? if you lived closer I'd suggest we get together and get the boys shootin together, we're lookin for a local shootin partner for him... everyone in his age range at the local indoor seems to be chicks (not a bad thing i guess, just sayin)

Old 01-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Crutch...dude that is awesome!! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to start shooting!! I am thinking that you may have to buy him a new target before long as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.