Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Next

Old 12-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Next

Consider yourself lucky. It could be a dozen dogs and half a dozen pick-ups flying up and down the road. Two dogs getting out of a fenced yard might seem like a problem, try living and hunting with those who do it purposely every weekend and two days during the week.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

just talkl to the parents i really don think you handled that very well lol
Old 12-31-2007, 06:34 PM

ON the record, I tell you that I don't condone the harvesting of dogs. It makes hunters look bad, and gives us a negative image.

OFF the record I tell you that sometimes you just have to roll hard, and it's a dog eat dog world out there. The world is an imperfect place, dogs die every day, we just don't always HEAR about them......If ya catch my drift...
Old 12-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had me a Dog named Porky when I was a kid, named after porky pig. He was an ugly dog, his teeth were crooked and stuck outside his mouth, but he was the best hunting dog you ever seen, he was my protector and my best friend.
Dad dropped me and porky of at the old fishing hole one day and we jumped a rabbit on the way to our spot, Porky cut out after him doing what he was born to do, "HUNT". To make a long story short the farmer that owned the property next to the fishing hole shot and killed my best friend.
Well God punished that farmer, because shortly after he killed my buddy his barn burnt to the ground, He built a new one and it burnt to the ground also.
It was a shame, about Porky I mean.
The dogs are just doing what they do, call the law on the neighbors ever time they get on your property, they will get tierd of picking them up or paying a fine and either get rid of them or keep them locked up better. Its not the dogs fault!
You dont want God to set your place on fire.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:59 PM

.177 pellet gun Condition the dogs to stay off your property....
Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

The pound first, then bird shot!!!!! Won't kill em, but it'll learn em good!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nvshooter

.177 pellet gun Condition the dogs to stay off your property....
A paintball gun works really well too!!Those darn things sting when they hit you without any padding on. I have "trained" a couple of the neighbors dogs with them.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before shooting them I would want to be sure you wouldnt get into any trouble for doing it, Just a thought
Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

take a ball of hamburger raw and crush up about 50 x-laxes and feed it to the dog. Then when he goes home and is in the house well BAM!!! That should teach them.
Ryan.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

The world is an imperfect place, dogs die every day, we just don't always HEAR about them......If ya catch my drift...
Your talking about someone's pet here man, it's not the pet's fault.

A paintball gun works really well too!!
That seems like an excellent idear. It would leave a paint stain on the dog letting the owners know just how close their pet came to meeting it's maker. Make it clear to the owner that that might not be the case next time. Fear of loseing their pet might bring them around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.