Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tough Love

Old 12-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Tough Love

hey fellas
It's gettn tough down here in the south, aint seen hide nor hair of one in two weeks, starting to go thru withdrawls, any of you guys still getting sightings during legal shooting hours?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tough Love

I haven't sat in a stand since early Nov. I tagged out in Oct, hunted along with a friend til our season closed mid Nov.

I have seen deer out during my travels but I'm not down south. I get to sit in a stand this Friday, our second season is in and a friend is coming to give it a go. I'll be going along.

Good luck, keep at it.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:53 PM

Good luck to you as well nothing like hunting with a good friend! Even when you strike out its a good day. But I have a sneeking suspicion you dont strike out often .
Old 12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Michigander....All Nocturnal up this way......
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Same here where I'm at in Indiana. Tons of fresh tracks every morning but 0 movement during the day.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 PM

Shot one yesterday, but other than that not much moving up this way.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Hunted last 3 days of muzzleloader here in Ohio. Saw zippo[:@]
Old 12-30-2007, 09:01 PM

This was a refreshing thread to read! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have been hunting Maryland's (home in the north over college winter break, usually in TN during school year) muzzleloader season and things have been very difficult. Have not glimpsed a deer traveling normally the last three days or so that I have hunted. Jumped up a pair the other day, but that was it. Seems like a full fall season of bangs and a full moon are combining to make them nocturnal. Plenty of tracks, but no bodies to fill them! Things have gotten bad enough that I went to the duck blind instead of the tree stand the other day! Best of luck to everyone hangin in the game, I'll be back after some PA deer starting tomorrow.

-Jon
Old 12-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Spike

I am seeing light movement,but had to move all my stands into some of the thickest stuff I have ever hunted.Had one at 20yrds and couldn't get a shot only could see the outline and the rack.I think their still moving but are stepping out of rabbit cover untill after dark.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got one tag left for a doe. I have not went out yet. My nephew sat in my stand 2 days straight and no sightings. He did say they went by in the morning but it was still dark. I am gonna give it a go next week! A fellow friend who owns alot of land has about 30 deer in his yard everyday. Way to many deer around his house. He allows no hunting cause the highway and house but he is now gonna let me go in so I can shoot a doe!
He has some huge buck but he said I am not allowed to shoot any. I got my buck this year I will have to work on that for next year!

Quick Reply: Tough Love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.