Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would it wear your tag? >

Would it wear your tag?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes of course my tag goes on it!
64.56%
No it will not wear my tag.
22.78%
There are other considerations.
12.66%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Would it wear your tag?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would it wear your tag?

Yes I would tag it...and by the way...how would ya'll like your ?? Move theater butter or light salt?
Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bag it and tag it!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

The yotes can not eat the antlers

Tag it
Old 12-27-2007, 07:10 PM

How about it depends how big the antlers are? LOL! J/K
Old 12-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sorry, but I have to differ with the ethics posse on this one. If I don't drag the deer out of the woods I don't tag it. I'll take my out of state tag home with me and stick it above my bench as unused momento. If I don't recover the meat, I don't get the deer and don't tag it. There is no law that states if you hit an animal you have to waste your tag. Maybe mother nature has taken care of the wounded and unfittest during the night, but I didn't. I don't eat it, I don't tag it. Antlers don't come into play. I don't care how big they are or aren't. We don't get a license to have a set of antlers. We buy and receive a license to kill and posses deer meat. To all you folks that worry about antlers, if it was a doe and your only doe tag... would you tag it and walk out of the woods with a kill report?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

I have to disagree with you David. Its our responsibility to wildlife to tag what we have killed, whether the meat is left or not. I kill it, I tag it. I feel this way because of the respect I have for the animal.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I knew eventually someone would have to offer up a differing opinion.

I'm tagging it.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I probably would not, but then again I wouldn't pay 400 bucks for an out of state tag, so I wouldn't be there in the first place.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I'll go on record and go along with the majority and say I'd tag it. But I have to say, and not at all questioning anyones moral character, that since this is a pretty tight forum, meaning evryone knows pretty much everyone else(at least the regulars), that the results will definitely be skewed since we all care what our peers think about us. Should that deer be tagged? If you're taking it out of the woods, absolutely. If there's nothing left of it and you're leaving it, you wouldn't lose my respect if you didn't. As long as it wasn't a common occurence. JMO.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Dominant Buck

OH bullhockey. Put it this way, if you wound an animal on the first day of a 10 day hunt do you burn your tag and quit hunting? I appreciate the animal and place value on them, but I refuse to put them on a pedistal and call them Gods. With your line of thinking if you wound an animal you got to tag it. We have things happen and mother nature cleans them up. Do you tag a deer if it runs out in front of your car? It's the same animal that you just fed to the coyotes... why wouldn't you tag that one. It has nothing to do with respect for the animal.Some people want to place the animal on a pedistal in one case but not another. I admire and love them, but I'm not willing to give them more value than what they are, a resource to be used and admired. They're nearing problem sized herds in many areas. One fed to the coyotes won't make a lot of difference. It's unfortunate, but those things happen. I'm not ready to declare myself the martyr and tag a sack full of bones. The law doesn't require it. In fact, if I shoot a sick deer they'll give me another tag in most cases. It's all in the management process. Kills, wounded and lost are all figured in. I don't need to burn that tag to prove I have respect for the animal. In war we shot someone and left him where he fell. No one expected us to build a shrine or offer up some type of token "Respect for the animal". I don't feel I need to do that for Gods gift to us... venison.

Quick Reply: Would it wear your tag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.