Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails! >

Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Slick trick damage to the opposite shoulder, exit hole. No pass thru but just broke the skin thru the shoulder.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter
How can a 1" broadhead cut a whole bigger than 1"?I don't mean to sound like a "wise guy", I'm just curious.
I was using 125 grain Mags on the end of a Easton FMJ. The Mags cut a 1 1/8" cut. The way it has been explained to me is that hide, muscle, flesh, etc. is under a certain amount of tension and when you cut cross grain the tension opens a bigger hole than the actual cut. I think blade angle has something to do with it also and that has been referred to as a splash effect. We won't argue that point, but you can look at the pictures and judge for yourself. That is why I prefer 4 blade heads, more cutting, and asure thing some tissue will be cut across the grain. I will take a 4 blade hole anyday, and in my opinion ST's are the best replaceable blade broadhead on the market. Gary has refined the ST to get it to that point, but I would still shoot them if there had been no improvements made in them since I started shooting them in 03. They impressed me the first year and have only gotten better
With the KE most bows produce today, it would be nice to see a 125 grain ST Ultra Mag with 1 1/4" cut. Although I doubt we will see that anytime soon.
What about it Gary?

Dan
Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM

I know the entry hole of a the Rage two blade was big enough to stick all four fingers of one hand into it - so the hole sizewent from 2" cut to about a 3" actual wound.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I think that the tension theory is dead on. And I also think that a 1 1/8" 4 blade has a ton of cutting surface, Those things are great, there is no doubt about that. my rage holes were big enough for all 4 fingers. I thikn I will use tricks for hogs this year.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

Cool pics!!!!!!!!!1
Old 12-28-2007, 12:05 PM

I shot a doe w/ a 100 gr magnum this year, and was very impressed. I'm not the best blood tracker that's ever hit the woods, and I had no problem following that one. She only went about 60 yards, double lung.

I guess what surprised me most was this. Instead of their being a cross shaped "slit" through her, it was literally a hole. It looked like someone took a 1" drill bit and drilled right through her. Yeah, I'm using those next year as well.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

cool pics, i could of had some good ones but didt have my camera . Oh well theres always next year
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM

they leave a nasty hole no doubt!

rick

Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

How can a 1" broadhead cut a whole bigger than 1"?I don't mean to sound like a "wise guy", I'm just curious.
I have seen what a knife blade can do to a wrist.How can a 1/16" blade make such a gash. The tension of the skin and muscles being cut, rip the opening apart. Not pretty.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Slick tricks are awesome heads.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Damage and Blood Trails!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.