Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

big rockpile, after reading you post I can't help but wonder, Was it worth it to make 'his' business, 'your' business?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well if he is braggin to you about it, he made it your business. I am glad not everyone looks the other way, we wouldn't have anything to hunt.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nctaxi

Well if he is braggin to you about it, he made it your business. I am glad not everyone looks the other way, we wouldn't have anything to hunt.
Exactly. Once they suck you in by telling you about it you are now part of it, whether you want to be or not. What you do once you are "part of it" is determined by who you are not who they are.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

GMMAT, befor I can answer your updated senerio, how do you know he killed 9 bucks? Heresay, did you see them, just what is it that makes you beleive this actually happened. And BTW in my last reply about you have too much time I forgot the smiley.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: il coyote

big rockpile, after reading you post I can't help but wonder, Was it worth it to make 'his' business, 'your' business?
Well I found out later he had tried to turn me in.I had a Buck in my Backyard,I wouldn't let him shoot it.So he called the Agent and told him I was Baiting.Well Agent came I showed him around.Seems the Guy considerd my Food Plots Baiting

big rockpile
Old 12-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

As a friend I would not turn him in. I would however warn him of the pitfalls of his actions. If he is breaking the Law that much he will get caught. Game violations anymore are no laughing matter. He could wind up losing his hunting rights for several years. For a Hunter that is severe punishment. Just imagine 5 years not able to Hunt Turkeys, Whitetails or any other Big Game. Not Funny!!

Dan
Old 12-26-2007, 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

As a friend I would not turn him in. I would however warn him of the pitfalls of his actions. If he is breaking the Law that much he will get caught. Game violations anymore are no laughing matter. He could wind up losing his hunting rights for several years. For a Hunter that is severe punishment. Just imagine 5 years not able to Hunt Turkeys, Whitetails or any other Big Game. Not Funny!!

Dan
kinda where i'm at with this there MeanV, I couldn't turn in a friend, i'd just warn him and let him know about my disapproval, if he ignores it, that's his problem, he'll get caught eventually and you wouldn't have to ~intervene~ and jeopardize havin him take retribution...
Old 12-26-2007, 10:40 AM

I see, big rock. Sounds like things were heading south anyway...

If a 'friend' starts bragging sbout beating his wife, or selling meth outside of a gradeschool that's one thing, but I just cant see it being worthgetting into a he said-he said barnstormer,having dogs killed(from earlier post) or risking harm to my family by turning a guyfor fracturing a few game laws in an area no where near where I may hunt.

Call me wierd, but it still aint my business.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard a few folks say, "Yep I got 6 bucks this year. All nice-uns." Should I turn them in? Um, no. Wouldn't waste the time 'cause I know they are lieing.

Any chance the guy you know who got "9 bucks" is full of mud?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

The man don't even eat venison (main culprit). That's the REALLY sad part. He kills them and gives the deer, whole, to his cohort and the rumor there is.....he's selling the venison to some local mexicans (who live in an adjacent trailer park).

Now.....just let me say.....the people that I have discussed this with ARE established friends of SOB poacher #2.......and they're just completely fed up with it.

Yes......they KNOW how many. They've been there when many of them have been skinned and butchered. This person is a 'friend' only in the definition that we hang out at the bow shop and shoot, occasionally, together. But to the people I'm talking about......they would be VERY surprised that this is getting out. But these guys "friends" are completely and utterly tired of being put on the spot by these guys' antics.

NOBODY wants to be associated with this type. Me included. I'll keep my distance.....BUT....I won't mince words if they wonder why I won't shoot with them anymore. I'll tell 'em, straight up.....I don't hang out with poaching SOB's.

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.