Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you turn him in? >

Would you turn him in?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
41.71%
No
58.29%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Would you turn him in?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you turn him in?

Yea this thread is destined for 10+ pages IF, and only if, it can be kept civil. People are already drawing analogies that may or may not fit the situation.

And now we’ve opened up the can o’ worms about feeding ones family. Because we all know that feedin’ ones family gives a person carte blanche to break any game law they see fit.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

And now we’ve opened up the can o’ worms about feeding ones family. Because we all know that feedin’ ones family gives a person carte blanche to break any game law they see fit.
LOL
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I won't speak for the Preacher, Bruce.....but I'll say this....

Ethics means doing the right thing.....when even doing the wrong thing isn't against the law. It also works the other way.

If I thought for a MINUTE someone was hunting ANY TIME .....because he needed the food to feed his family........

...........God Bless him.
Gmmat,

I'm starting to question your rationalism (if that's a word). Go back and re-read Seven-Mag's post. Pretty much sums it up.

You're the kind of guy that seems to me to overstep his boundries. You're also the guy that I suspect would turn folks in and wonder why your property is vandalized or that you need to fear what may happen to you out in the woods.

I think in the right situation you make the right call. There are no universal truths.

Tom
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Then let's keep it on track.

For the sake of this example......the person/persons in question make good livings.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tony brings up another good point. Out of season, things change. But, also, you have to look closely at the choices the person is making. I have had some rough times the last couple of years. Things are better now. I am actually waiting for the Dish people to show up. This will be the first time I have had something other than the old-styleantenna on the roof for almost three years. It wasa choice I made to provide other things for my kids. I was hunting with a 20 year old bow until now. I got a nice bonus this year, put some money aside and then bought a new bow for my son and myself. I maintain my own garden. Raise my own goats. We all make choices for our families, some good and some bad. I would do everything in my power, though, to provide without breaking any laws.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

You're the kind of guy that seems to me to overstep his boundries. You're also the guy that I suspect would turn folks in and wonder why your property is vandalized or that you need to fear what may happen to you out in the woods.

Tom
Lol
Dominant Buck

Over step his boundaries???? Please explain????

Should we keep our silence when others are breaking game laws.....for fear of retribution by the very people that we're turning in for breaking the law? Is that a healthy situation......for the law abiding?
Giant Nontypical

Well, I think we are probably twisting this in a direction to try and see the "other" side. I doubt the person in GMMATS original question, is in this situation or Jeff and his Wife would either Donate a Doe or send them a gift card to the Grocery store. They are that kind of people!

As (HNI)Men we are Hunters and Providers and we'd like to think that if a situation ever occurred where we could not buy food for our family that somehow we could still provide the basics. Those are our survival instincts.

To let this scenerio go much beyond this point is just making conversation.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea this thread is destined for 10+ pages IF, and only if, it can be kept civil. People are already drawing analogies that may or may not fit the situation.

rybo ... what would you do .. you live in Pittsburgh .... we had a snowstorm here that lasted 2 weeks in '77 .... put yourself in the situatiuon where you can't get out and deer season is over ...... no food in the house .... children and wife hungry ..... a big fat doe in your backyard ....... what would you do???

Bruce .... are you a Game officer? [:-]
Old 12-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

rybo ... what would you do .. you live in Pittsburgh .... we had a snowstorm here that lasted 2 weeks in '77 .... put yourself in the situatiuon where you can't get out and deer season is over ...... no food in the house .... children and wife hungry ..... a big fat doe in your backyard ....... what would you do???

Bruce .... are you a Game officer? [:-]
I would go out and kill some of my chickens and eat them .

No, not a DNR employee.

Quick Reply: Would you turn him in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.